Thursday, March 7, 2024

Winged Butterflies

 


Hi Crafty Friends,

Thanks for dropping by my blog. Today I am sharing a Winged Pop Up Card I created using dies from Made to Surprise by Sam Calcott's Showstoppers 3 Collection. 


 The die used here is called 5in x 7in Showstoppers Winged Pop Up Card die set,  this die set can be used to make a number of different styles of card.


I made this style of card a year or two ago without dies, but I was pleased when I found out that I could use this die set to make them. It's always a lot easier and quicker with a die set and not having to measure.


As you can see by the photo above, this card has extra panels on the back of the card which gives it a winged effect.


Here is another photo of my card, showing the other winged panel.

To decorate my card, I used the butterfly die from Text{ures} and some of the gold foiled sentiment ephemera from the Papercraft Society Box 53.


Here is an overhead view of my card, so you can see the style of card a little better.


When you close the card, the "wings" fold back to create a 5 inch x 7 inch card. The card stays closed with the help of a belly band. I decorated the belly band using another of the butterflies and a gold foiled sentiment from the Papercraft Society Box 53.


Here is a look at the front of my card without the belly band.


Here is a view of the back of the card. I added layered panels to the two back side panels. I added two sentiments using Made To Surprise's Sentiment set from the Showstopper Collection. I gold embossed both sentiments. There is also space on this panels to add a personal greeting to the recipient.







2 comments:

Marja Sch said...

Such a wonderful card. Greetings Marja

Karen Aicken said...

Oh, love it!