Saturday, October 15, 2011

Happy Owloween!

C4C109-Owloween2-wm

Hi everyone,

It’s Saturday which means it’s time for another challenge with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. This week our challenge hostess Tammy Hershberger has another fun challenge for us.

The holiday season is heating up! Create something today for an upcoming holiday and incorporate heat embossing in your creation!

Being the 3rd Saturday of the month it is a sponsored challenge and our sponsor this month is Outlines Rubber Stamps. They have lots of fun stamps on there site, so if you haven’t visited them before you might want to head on over there to see their range.

When I was looking to see what stamps to select for this challenge, I found this fun owl stamp & sentiment … Owl Branch and Hoooo!. Halloween isn’t big in Australia, so it is something I don’t celebrate (although I make sure I have some candy just in case we get a call or two on the night … but of course I am an owl lover, so it didn’t take much for me to decide to use these for my card.

Now the challenge also calls for heat embossing somewhere on our cards. I didn’t want to emboss my image or sentiment, so after some thought I decided to emboss my black spider web, oval & circle nestabilities borders using Iridescent Ice Embossing powder. I also added some brushed pewter distress stickles to my owl and it’s hat after I had colored it.

For the sentiment, I stamped just the first two lines to use on the outside of my card.

C4C109-Owloween-wm

Here is the inside of my card, I added the final part of the sentiment to my card. I also stamped the owl again on the lower right hand corner of my card.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.

Stamps: Owl Branch; Hooooo! – Outlines Rubber Stamps
Paper: White; Black; Orange; Haunted Hallows DP – Teresa Collins
Other: Black Ink; Picot Circle Nestabilities; Oval Punches; MS Web Border Punch; Black Twine; Orange Button; Black Brads; Sewing Machine; Brushed Pewter Distress Stickles; Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder; Foam Tape; Copics

aa-owl-signature

8 comments:

Maria said...

Outlines stamp has such great images. I love that owl image Frances. Love everything about your Halloween card. . the webs are fabulous!

Vicki G said...

Don't you love those Outlines Owls.......wAYYYY cute and your card is scrumptious!


Vicki

Silli said...

hehe, wonderful Frances, love the funny sentiment...HUgs xoxo

g said...

love this fun image & all your spiderwebs! spooky cute!

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your SWEET Owl!!~

Silke Ledlow said...

AWWW...this is fabulous Frances! Love this sweet owl...totally awesome Halloween card! Hugs ~S~

Barbara said...

SO cute, Frances!!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Too cute, Frances! Love the die cuts and borders!