Sunday, July 29, 2007

Dirty Dare - Owl Love You!

I very seldom make owl cards because it is me who loves owls not the people who I need to send cards too, however in the past week I have created 3 owls cards. This one is again for the DD chalenges on SCS, and this will be my last card for today! This one again combines 2 challenges, leslierich's "Out of the Box" challenge which means rather then just cut out your image in a square or rectangle shape to cut out so that part of the image is hanging over the side. The other challenge this includes is by Toy and is "Stand by your Man" - to make a card using non-traditional male stamps/backgrounds. There was a small twist as we weren't allowed to use blue or green, which suited me anyway.

This card was created using only 2 colors of card, black and ayres rock but as is has been treated a different way they all look slightly different. I stamped the owl on the top panel, used bleach to color the owl and then cut out around the owl. The middle panel was also created using bleach and finally the bottom panel which was stamped in black using weathered wood background. I also added paper piercing around the edge of the middle panel.

Recipe:
Stamps: Saw Whet Owl - Old Island Stamp Co; Verse - Art Gone Wild; Weathered Wood B/G - Cornish Heritage Farms
Papers: Ayres Rock Outback; Black
Other: Black Ink; Paper Piercing Mat & Tool; Bleach; Aquawash Pen


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this card (may be because I have a *very* small collection of owls myself) lol. The background really gives it that woodsy feeling.