Friday, July 27, 2007

Day 2 Dirty Dare Challenges

Well it is day 2 of the Dirty Dare challenges, I have managed to get the one card made so far, but it combines 2 of the challenges. The challenges used in this card are notimetostamp's easy elegance challenge (to create an elegant card) and genie1314's clear stamps challenge (the stamps we used had to be clear ones not rubber).

To create this card I used white shimmer card for the embossed layer and the lavender layer. I used the textile cuttlebug embossing folder to create the embossed look .... I always associate this embossing folder with elegance!

The scallop oval also uses the shimmer card ..... this is where I used my clear stamps. I used the oval frame from Papertrey's borders & corners (oval) set, the words are from a set of wedding themed words by Impression Obsession which I picked up while I was demoing at a show in March ....... when I got home and saw I had this set, I remember thinking why did I want this .... I have a feeling I meant to get the beach themed words but in my hurry ..... had to go back and demo, I had put this one aside. Anyway it looks like it finally came in handy so I am not complaining ..... actually there are heaps of words that would be useful for cards other than weddings. I even embossed the frame & words with silver ep ..... if I can get out of embossing I normally do!

I used my slit punch to create the scallop panel at the top and added the silver pearlescent brads to each scallop and the bottom corners ..... I guess this also fits yesterdays brad challenge, but I did that yesterday ;)

I am not 100% happy with the color of the ribbon on this one but it is all I had .... if I can find something that matches better I will replace it before using this card. I might give it to my DD, she is always needing Wedding cards.

Recipe:
Stamps: Borders & Corners (oval) - Papertrey Ink; Words - Impression Obsession
Paper: White Shimmer; Lavender Shimmer; White Linen
Other: Versamark Ink; Silver EP; Scallop Oval Punch; Ticket Corner Punch; Slit Punch; Silver Pearlised Brads; Sheer Ribbon; Texture Cuttlebug Embossing Folder.


BTW I won't be posting a Flashback Friday today ..... with all the Dirty Dare Challenges I didn't think we needed it ...... but it will be back next week.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous! I love it-TFS!

Anonymous said...

Very elegant card. White and another soft colour always works especially with the antique cuttlebug embossing. TFS

Sharon in NE said...

Beautiful card.

Rose Ann said...

What a pretty, elegant card! Love it!

Kristine said...

Beautiful!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!