Friday, July 6, 2007

Flashback Friday - ATC's

Well for today's flashback we aren't going all that far back, just to last year I think for most of these. I thought today I would share with you some ATC's I created for various swaps.

The first ATC was created for a swap here to coincide with the release of a new supplement for one of our local stamp manufacturers here in Australia. The company is Stamp It and these were a couple I had purchased at a show when the stamps were released!

One thing I love about swaps is that it gives you the opportunity to use some stamps you might not have used in a long time if ever. I purchased this bear stamp & verse a number of years ago as I used to participate in a bear swap and I thought it was different and sometimes I just like different . I had used it previously but not for a long time cause I guess there isn't much call to use a bear tied in a chair often. But someone decided to host a "tortured teddies" atc swap so of course I just had to join the swap and I knew immediately what stamp I would be using!
This USA atc was created for an international theme ATC swap. As I had already created ATC's using French & Oriental themes I wanted to do something different so decided on the USA. This also gave me the opportunity to use some of my USA themed stamps I own.
I created this one for a "Red, Black & Gold" theme someone hosted. I even got out my gold embossing powder and embossed the mesh on the top left corner and the word happy. I don't often do much embossing these days.
Here another, hope you aren't sick of them yet! This one I did for a calendar swap I hosted last year and that I will be hosting again here in Australia. We each were given a month and had to include that somehow on our atc - this is what I came up with. As I had May I also include Mothers day in mine. I also had a calendar stamp for May which I was given a few years back which also worked for 2007 so I knew I wanted to use it - I don't think it suits again for a long time now so glad I got the opportunity. I guess I could still use the calendars but I would have to omit the month and replace it for one that suited the year. I found a perpetual calendar online a few years back which I find handy so I can reuse calendar grids I have created in the past without the need to create a new one.
Here is the last one for today, I have heaps more I have created but it makes for a long post. This one I made for a Christmas theme last year. I love the little angel which is by alota rubber stamps. It may be hard to tell but after I stamped and colored the angel image, I covered the piece with versamark ink and covered it with iridescent Ice embossing powder to give it a glittery look.

3 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

Love all of these! My fav is the calendar one! Love the color purple!

Anonymous said...

Who makes the tied up teddy stamp? That IS unusual! The little girl stamp looks so much like my DD when she was 3, I just HAD to buy it! It's 'Dress Up' by Paperbag Studio. So cute, and I love the ATC you made with it!

carley duff creations said...

they are fantastic love the purple one esp