Thursday, July 19, 2007

A Boy & His Frog!

I have finally managed to finish off the card I was making today. This one is a prototype for some cards I plan to make for a swap I do every month. The theme for this particular swap is "Frogs" and the person who hosts this swap - loves frogs so hopefully she will like this card.

The boy is stamped onto white card, masked and then the oval shadow (which is a piece of fun foam cut using a sizzix die) was stamped to 'ground' the boy. For the green portion of this card I first used my flannel plaid background stamp and dark moss fluid chalk to create the background and then I stamp my cattails across the bottom of the card, decreasing the amount of cattail showing as I stamped it across the card. I then colored this with my markers. The mustard strip is stamped using amber clay ink & my burlap background stamp. I then attached this to black card.

Recipe:
Stamps: Boy & Cattails - High Hopes Stamps; Flannel Plaid - Stampin' Up; Burlap - Cornish Heritage Farms
Papers: Always Artichoke; More Mustard; Pumpkin Pie - SU; Black; White
Other: Black Ink; Amber Clay & Dark Moss Fluid Chalk; Olive Brad; Glitter

6 comments:

Karen said...

That little guy is so cute! Great card

Alhambra Club said...

Adorable, love how you did the cattails on the bottom of the card,

Mary said...

I love this card. The little boy stamp is so sweet. Your colors are wonderful.

Mary

Anonymous said...

Such an adorable card! I thought you masked before you stamped the shadow ovals! You mask really well!

Anonymous said...

This card is just darling! I have to laugh at the frog's face - I guess the little boy is holding him too tight, lol.

SusanBluerobot said...

i love frogs and i love this card so i am sure your friend with love it too