Hi Crafty Friends,
It's my turn to post a tutorial on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog. Today I am sharing a shaker card using the new Frame It / Stitched Ovals die set and the cute April Showers stamp set.
Here is how I created my card:
Step 1 -
- Place the third largest rectangle from the Dashing Rectangles die set onto a piece of yellow cardstock.
- Place the smallest oval from the Frame It / Stitched Ovals die set in the centre of the frame.
- Secure both dies with removal tape and run through die cutting machine.
Step 2 -
- Using the circle stamp from the April Showers Clear Stamp set, stamp the image all over the framed cardstock panel using dark yellow ink.
- Sponge the outer and inner frame with the same ink.
Step 3 -
- Using the same rectangle die used in step 1, die cut another rectangle using White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Place the white rectangle under the yellow rectangle frame, and stamp the sentiment from the April Showers Clear Stamp set onto the white cardstock through the yellow frame.
- Stamp the cloud/sun over the word "sunshine" using yellow ink.
Step 4 -
- Using the same rectangle die, die cut two rectangles from acetate.
- Adhere one of the acetate rectangles to the black of the yellow rectangle panel.
- Adhere foam tape to the back of the rectangle panel, ensuring that there is foam tape close to the oval opening. (Note: remove any excess adhesive from the sides of the foam tape using an anti static powder tool and also to the acetate to prevent the shaker items not to stick to these areas.
- Remove protective backing from the foam tape and adhere the second acetate rectangle over the panel.
Step 5 -
- Using the second largest rectangle from the Dashing Rectangles die set, die cut a rectangle from orange cardstock.
- Adhere shaker panel to the centre of the orange rectangle.
Step 6 -
- Cut a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock so it measures 5 1/2 inches x 8 1/2 inches. Score at 4 1/4 inches and fold to create a top folding card.
- Adhere shaker panel to card base.
Step 7 -
- Using the April Showers Clear Stamp set, stamp the girl, raincoat; boots; duck and three ducklings onto White Soft Finish Cardstock using black ink.
- Color images and die cut using coordinating dies.
- Adhere the girl, duck and ducklings to the front of the card using foam tape for the larger images and liquid adhesive for the ducklings.
Step 8 -
- Adhere the raincoat and boots to the inside of card referring to photo above for placement.
- Using a sentiment from the Banner Sentiments Clear Stamp set, stamp the sentiment to centre of card using black ink.
Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
For your shopping convenience, all products are linked below. Compensated affiliate links are used where possible with no extra cost to you. This helps me to continue to share all the projects I include on my blog. Please note I only use and share products I love.