Hi Crafty Friends,
It's my turn to post a tutorial on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog. A few weeks ago Elizabeth Craft Designs released seven new Winter/Christmas themed stamp sets with coordinating die sets from licensed designer Krista Schneider. I have used one of these stamp sets with an older set from last year to create this fun Trifold card.
Here is how I created my card:
Step 1 -
- Cut a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock to measure 4 1/4 inches x 9 inches.
- Score along the 9 inch side at 3 inches and 6 inches. Fold along these score lines so that the fold at the left of the card is a mountain fold and the other is a valley fold.
Step 2 -
- Using the 2 1/2 inch rectangle from the Dashing Rectangles die set, die cut three rectangles using the aqua paper from the ModaScrap Unconventional Christmas 6 x 6 Paper Pack.
- Using the 2 3/4 inch rectangle from the Fitted Rectangles die set, die cut three rectangles from red cardstock.
- Layer the patterned paper onto the red rectangles.
Step 3 -
- Using the same Dashing Rectangle die that was used in step 2, die cut two rectangles from White Soft Finish Cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the front.
- Using the snow border die from the Adventure Edges die set, die cut three snowy border panels from these rectangles.
- Remove the protective backing from the adhesive on the front of the panels and cover the adhesive with Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Return excess glitter to the jar and then polish the glitter into the adhesive using your finger to bring out the maximum sparkle.
- Adhere the snowy borders onto each of the rectangle panels created in step 2.
- Adhere the rectangle panels to each of the panels of the trifold card created in step 1.
Step 4 -
- From the Elves Clear Stamp set, stamp three of the elf images and the sentiment panel onto White Soft Finish Cardstock using black ink. Color images as desired and die cut the images using coordinating dies.
- From the Winter Bears Clear Stamp set, stamp the large pair of trees four times onto White Soft Finish Cardstock using black ink. Stamp the large star from this set also. Color images and die cut using coordinating dies.
- Trim off the bottom edge of the tree images so they are even, and then adhere these flat onto the card so that the trunks of the trees are just under the snow border. (Refer to photo above for placement.)
- Adhere elves to each panel using foam tape.
- Adhere the "Happy Holiday" banner to the left hand panel so it is centre to the top of the panel.
- Adhere the star to the right hand panel.
Step 5 -
- Stamp the "Welcome to the North Pole" from the Cute Winter Sentiments Clear Stamp set to the centre panel using black ink.
Step 6 -
Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
For your shopping convenience, all products are linked below. Compensated affiliate links are used where possible with no extra cost to you. This helps me to continue to share all the projects I include on my blog. Please note I only use and share products I love.