Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Check before you throw it away!

Yesterday I uploaded a card to my blog using the faux batik technique, this was for SCS "Learn a new Technique" challenge.

Part of the process of this technique requires that you iron the mulberry paper that you have embossed and colored, I placed my between a folded sheet of photocopy paper to protect my iron and ironing board from the melted embossing powder & wet dye ink. Once I had finished ironing, I opened my folded photocopy paper to remove my mulberry paper and liked what I saw on the paper. I hesitated to throw the paper out so placed it on my table behind me while I continued creating my faux batik piece.

Well that paper kept calling me, so last night I decided to create a couple of cards using the paper. I cut the paper down to usable sizes and the two cards in this post are what I came up with. If you look at both cards you can see how different both papers look even though they were both creating using the one piece of decorated mulberry paper - one was in front of the paper and the other behind. You can see in one the colors are much darker and the flowers more pronounced. In the other it is hard to see the flowers but if you look you still can see them.

For the Friendship card, I stamped the Friendship greeting on acetate and attached that over my background paper, I didn't want to risk stamping anything directly onto the paper in case I didn't like it, its not as if I had more I could use. I also decided not to layer anything onto it as I thought the pattern was pretty enough on its own and layering something on top would detract from it. I ran out of burgundy brads so could only use the 2 up the top so the acetate can be lifted. I used a variety of pink/burgundy colored card for this one.

The "Just Chicken In" card, I felt the colors in the paper better suited this pumpkin pie / bravo burgundy color scheme so I went back to that one. I liked how my other chicken cards looked with that scheme so I went back to my best of cluck set that is still sitting on the table behind me.


Recipe for Friendship Card:
Stamps: Friendship - Paper Inspirations; flower on b'ground paper - bodacious bouquet
Paper: Bravo Burgundy; Cranberry Crisp - Stampin' Up; Pink; white photocopy paper
Other: Black Stazon; Acetate; Bravo Burgundy grosgrain ribbon - SU

Recipe for Just Chicken In Card:
Stamps: Best of Cluck - Stampin' Up
Paper: Bravo Burgundy, Pumpkin Pie - Stampin' Up; White; white photo copy paper
Other: Ticket corner punch - SU; brads


2 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

You never cease to amaze me with your talent and creativity! Lovely cards!

Allison Rankin said...

More terrific creations...I love that Friendship stamp!