The challenge this week for learn a new technique over at SCS was making warm up cards. Warm up cards are little cards approx 3 inches square that should only take you about 10 to 15 mins to make. As I work in metres not inches most of the time mine are just a fraction bigger and 8cm square. I created these ones using scraps or leftovers I had lying around.
For this pink one I cut my card and folded it in half and then stamped the polka dots background from Polka Dots and Paisley - I love this background. I then cut a strip of pink which I layered to black card and attached to the middle.
I used my new "M for Mother" stamp from MissyB Designs which I punched out and layered to a black circle and attached to the centre of the card.
I started the "find joy" card by folding a white card in half, I then stamped the background using my canvas background stamp (another fav) using Blush rose fluid chalk. The scallop strips are left overs when I was creating a scallop border for a previous challenge, I liked the look of them so I decided to keep them in case of - so I used them here. I then stamped the verse onto white card, layered it onto burgundy and attached to centre.
For my froggy card, again I had the cuttlebugged tiny bubbles background sitting in my scrap book so I cut it down to fit my 8cm square card, used my ticket corner punch to punch the corners. I decided to use my new frog from MissyB Designs which I stamped on white card, colored and then punched out with a circle punch and then punch out a scallop circle and layered together and attached to the card. I added the white dots to the scallops and the corners using a white gel pen.
You will all I expect recognise this doggy! This was left over from when I made my coaster box and long card last week, I already had the scallop circle punched out as I wanted to get rid of the card and there was enough left to punch one scallop so I did. And of course a scrap of my fav background paper which I attached to the left of the card. I used my paper piercing mat pack & tool to pierce the holes in the corners. This is one of my favs!
I am not tooo fussed on this one but included it anyway. Again it was a scrap of cuttlebugged card from a previous project which didn't get used - this is the Friend embossing folder. I didn't want to obscure the word friend or toooo many of the other words either. I attached the ribbon to the middle, but it still needed something. I then saw this flower that was attached to my drawer in front of me as I was going to use it for something and changed my mind so stuck it there for safe keeping LOL! I attached it to the top of the card and it helped so I left it there.