Thursday, January 26, 2012

Australia Day!

CCEE1204 Australia wm

Hi everyone and to all my Australian readers Happy Australia Day!

It’s challenge time again with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. It’s my turn to host the challenge again this week.

It’s a special day for all Aussies today as it is Australia Day! It is on this day in 1788 that the First Fleet arrived at Sydney Cove. So our challenge is Aussie related … I will give you a few options … use the colors green & gold on your card; create a beach scene (we love our beaches); use Australian Animals; Tongs (you wear on your feet btw) etc.

CCEE1204 Australia2 wm

Late last year I purchased this Magnolia Koala Hugs Tilda which is an exclusive stamp from Shopbron a stamp store here in Australia. Of course I had to use this for my card today!
As you can see I have created yet another Centre Step card, I love making these cards. For those of you who haven’t tried them yet you can find my tutorial and video on the resources section of Splitcoast Stampers.

I also used the colors green and yellow on my card which is Australia’s national  colors, which is also the colors of Australia’s floral emblem the Golden Wattle. I did add a little orange to my card as well.
I also got to play with my new small Madison window die from Poppy Stamps …. I created a scene of gum trees that you can see through the window.

CCEE1204 Australia3 wm

Here is the inside of my card, the sentiment is one I have had for years.

Don’t forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:


Stamps: Koala Hugs – Magnolia; Gumtree Scene, Sentiment – Print Blocks
Paper: White; Green; Orange; DP – Jillibean Soup
Other: Black Ink; Green Ribbon; Twine; Buttons; Small Madison Window Die; Foam Tape; Copic Airbrush; Copics




#aa-owl-signature

13 comments:

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Very cute, Frances! Happy Australia Day!

wannabcre8tive said...

I am loving this cute card. I like the window with the view, the adorable image and your awesome layout. Thanks for a fun challenge.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Happy Australia day, Frances! I love your green and gold card, and that Tilda with the Koala is just the perfect image for today!!

Sabrina said...

Green and gold AND a koala, aren't you covering all the bases with this. How lucky to get an exclusive Magnolia. Love those gum trees too! We had a big eucalyptus in the garden when I was growing up - the only tree in the garden we couldn't climb.

kami_bonbona said...

So fresh colors!! I like it :)

Benzi said...

Frances, what a wonderful step center card. I love that you added the gum trees. Koala Tilda is perfect. Happy Australia Day!!

Karen Motz said...

Happy Australia day Frances! What a perfect image to celebrate the day!

Cindy Haffner said...

Happy Australia day Frances! I always love your step cards!~ We did the on Tuesday for Timeless Tuesday

Vicky Gould said...

Third time is a charm, I hope! Having trouble commenting on this adorable card.

Perfection - image, colors, sentiment...Perfection!

Lois said...

Happy Australia Day to you, Frances. I love your center step card.

Kathy Bradley said...

Frances,
You have created a wonderful and adorable card. (I am heading over to SCS to get the tutorial for this card - it is an awesome fold)! Your scene is absolutely perfect. I did a bit of research when I was thinking of what to do for this challenge - looking up the national flower of Australia - the golden wattle, but couldn't find an image for the pretty flower anywhere - hence, the koala. I will be experimenting with this fold tonight.

Kathy Bradley said...

P.S. Happy Australia Day to you!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

beyond sweet....love every last detail...Happy Australia Day, Hoots.