Thursday, January 19, 2012

Why Dragons Can’t Blow Out Birthday Candles!

CCEE1203 Dragon wm

Hi everyone,

It’s Thursday which means it’s challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. This month it is my turn to host the challenges!

Chinese New Year is celebrated on January 23rd this year and it is the Year of the Dragon … so this week either use a Dragon on your card or find out what animal relates to your birthday year in the Chinese Zodiac and create a card using that animal. You can find out what year correspondence to what animal here.

I was actually born on the Year of the Goat, but as I have a ton of dragon stamps and probably not many goat stamps that I can think of offhand I wanted to use one of my dragon stamps.

The one I used on my card today is one from a plate of stamps from the Wizard of Bez um plate from Sunday International which I have had for a number of years now. Sometimes it is fun to be able to pull out some older stamps and use them on challenges etc.

I just love that sentiment … “Why Dragons Can’t Blow Out Birthday Candles!”. I guess it would be a problem if you were a fire breathing dragon right!

CCEE1203 Dragon2 wm

Here is the inside of my card, I used a birthday sentiment another stamp I have had for years.

Don’t forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:

Stamps: Dragon from Wizard of Bez um plate – Sunday International; Sentiment inside – Stamp It (Australia)
Paper: White; Black; Yellow; DP
Other: Black Ink; Circle Nestabilities; Sewing Machine; Yellow Grosgrain Ribbon; Foam Tape; Copics

#aa-owl-signature

11 comments:

Julie said...

This is so pretty! Love the adorable image and sentiment that goes with it! Too cute!!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

What a fab image...fun and funny...fab card, Hoots

Cindy Haffner said...

FABULOUS Frances, thanks for a FUN Challenge!~

wannabcre8tive said...

Cute card, love the image and your stitching.

Vicky Gould said...

This is just the cutest dragon I've ever seen, Frances..and I love your color combo!

Sabrina said...

That sentiment really made me laugh - it reminded me so much too of a favourite childhood book. But just think how useful he'd be for a crème brulée!!

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

I adore that sentiment! Too funny... Super cute card! I'm a big fan of stitching on cards. Well done!

Kathy Bradley said...

Frances,
I love, love your cute dragon and the sentiment gave me a giggle! Your card is adorable!!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Fabulously fun and cute! Great challenge idea!

Benzi said...

Super job on the challenge and one that is so fun and interesting.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

WOnderful choice of colors to go along with this funny firebreather!! I just love the sentiment. What a hoot!