Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Flippin’ Fabulous!

MFT FredWellDoneDoubleDutch wm

In 2012, MFT is working harder than ever to inspire you, and we have come up with something we think you'll really enjoy. Our Design Team Creative Challenge is a new monthly feature, where we challenge our design team to explore their creative side using a specific theme, product or technique. This month we are making "Masculine Cards" Be sure to check the MFT Blog for a list of all the designers who have creative gift solutions for you today!

MFT FredWellDoneDoubleDutch4 wm

For my card today I used MFT Stamps Fred Bear Well Done. I love using stamps that depict something that a male might do when I create a card for a male, and I know a lot of men that love to BBQ so this stamp set is perfect for them.

A few week’s back Splitcoast Stampers posted a new tutorial on how to create a Double Dutch Fold card which is what I have created today. I love being able to try different styles of cards.

Fred Bear is layered onto the MFT Die-namics Open Scallop Doily die. I don’t like using ribbons when I make a masculine card, but there are other options to use instead, on this card I used Denim Twine at the top portion of my card.

MFT_Open ScallopDoily_PreviewGraphic copy

MFT FredWellDoneDoubleDutch2 wm

Here is a view of my card when the top front portion of the card is lifted up. You can see Fred Bear sneaking through!

MFT FredWellDoneDoubleDutch3 wm

And finally here is the inside of my card completely revealed with the front mini gates opened up.

Print

Don’t forget to visit Kim's Blog for a full list of designers that have taken up the challenge!

Stamps: Fred Bear Well Done – MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Navy; Red; Petite Papers – Webster's pages
Die-namics: Open Scallop Doily – MFT Stamps
Other: Black Ink; Denim Twine; Circle Nestabilities; Studs; Corner Rounder; Foam Tape; Copics

#aa-owl-signature

15 comments:

Jennifer said...

Frances,

I really love all of your fancy card folds!!! :) And this Fred the Bear is one of my favorites!!!!!! Way to rock the challenge!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share!

Crafty hugs,

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com

P.S.
What part of Australia are you in? My niece is working in Canberra for a year.

Lisa H. said...

love that fold, Frances. this is a great masculine card, Fred is always good for those.

Trisha said...

Great card, Frances. It is so cute.

Karen Motz said...

That double Dutch fold is so fun and perfect for this handsome Fred image!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

I forgot all about grilling Fred Bear, this is so cute!

Debbie Carriere said...

Great card, Frances!!! Love the card fold! Fred bear is perfect for a guy!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

Totally adorable Frances!! Love the pattern mixing!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

Kim said...

Very cute card Frances!

Jodi Collins said...

FABULOUS Frances! LOVE this fold and your papers are perfect with this Fred!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh SWEET!~

sharon g said...

I NEED THOSE STAMPS! TOOO CUTE!

Sandy said...

Love your fancy fold card, great male image too. Super papers and love the touch of twine and button.
TFS the tutorial link,
Sandy

Silli said...

hmmm, yummy..Love the funny bear!

Anonymous said...

This made me laugh out loud. Well done!

Joanne (jojot) said...

I just LOVE that sentiment