It's my turn to post a tutorial for "Pop It Ups Wednesday" over on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog today.
For my tutorial I have been playing with the Pull Card Edges die set. This die set was designed to use with all the Pull Card die sets to help with layering, but this die set can be used to create other cards as well as you can see by the photo above. For my cards I have used all the edges in the set and you can see how you can use both the positive and negative parts when you die cut. Of course where I have used one shape on a card you can substitute one of the other shapes for a completely different look.
You can see the tutorial for all three cards in one post on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog today, but I will spread them out on my blog over the next three days.
Card 1 - Oval Pull Card Edge with Lucky the Rabbit
1. Cut a white base card that measures 4 1/4 inches x 11 inches. Score and fold along the 11 inch side to create a 4 1/4 inch x 5 1/2 inch top folding card.
2. Cut a piece of designer paper that measures approximately 6 inches square.
- Position the Oval Pull Card Edge so it is in the centre of the designer paper and die cut.
- Cut a piece of black paper approximately 6 inches square. Position the Oval Pull Card Edge in the centre of the card and die cut. Refer to top photo of photos above.
- Cut a two pieces of black card 2 inches x 6 inches.
- Apply glue to the edge of the under side of the designer paper and position the black card under the designer paper so a thin border of black is showing. (bottom photo above)
4. Die Cut Lucky the Rabbit and assemble and attach over the oval part of the card using foam tape.
5. Using black ink stamp "It's Somebunny's Birthday" from the Lucky Birthday Clear Stamp Set to the bottom of the design paper panel.
6. Inside of Card:
- Adhere the designer paper which has the oval removed from the panel to the inside of the card.
- Using black ink, stamp the sentiment, carrot and rabbit from the Lucky Birthday Clear Stamp set onto card as per photo above.
Thanks for visiting today, I hope you enjoyed my tutorial
Stamps: Lucky Birthday Clear Stamp Set - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Paper: White; Black; To Dye For DP - Bella Blvd
Dies: Pull Card Edges - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Ink; Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape 64mm - ECD; Foam Tape