Tuesday, June 12, 2018

You're Smokin' Dad



Hi Crafty Friends,

Welcome to our June Paper Pros challenge. This month our challenge is hosted by Caz Counsell who has given us the theme is "Food & Drink".

I decided to take the opportunity to make another Father's Day card to add to my stash to give to my daughter at Christmas so she has plenty to use next year.

For my card I used Karen Burniston's Circle Charm Pop-up die set which was released earlier this month. 


I used a checkerboard stencil from Catherine Pooler to create the background for this card using Rockin' Red ink also from Catherine Pooler.

Along the bottom edge of the card inside and out, I added a grassy border using the grass die from the Nature Edges die set.

I used two of the circles from the Circles - Crosshatch die set to create the circle frames on the card.


To decorate my card I added images from Lawn Fawn's Let's BBQ and Happy Summer stamp sets, I love the ants carrying away some of the BBQ items, this is something I CASED from a card I made last year.

For the dad on the first circle I die cut the word "birthday" from Word Set 2 - Birthday die set. I cut off the "day from the word, die cut a second word so I could cut a second day and lay that over the "y' cutting off any of the y that could be seen.

You can see what the other "Paper Pros" created for this challenge on their blogs:



Supplies:



3 comments:

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE it Frances So Much FUN!!

Karen Aicken said...

A perfect masculine card. Love it!

jojot said...

what a great Dad's day card.....great barbecue theme