Sunday, June 10, 2018

Mani Birthday Wishes


Hi Crafty Friends,

My card today is a card I made for my daughter's birthday which was a few weeks ago. I was going to give her something else, until an order arrived that had this fun "Nail Polish Bottle" die set from Honey Bee Stamps. This die set makes a fun Nail Polish shaped card which stands 5 1/2 inches high by 2 1/8 inches.

As my daughter had been a Jamberry consultant for a while and loves using nail polish etc, this die set shouted her name, so I set to work to make it.


As you can see I created a pop up card using Karen Burniston's Cupcake Pop-up die set, this die set is fairly easy to disguise the cupcake if you cover it up with something else.


As mentioned above, the nail polish bottle is tall ... 5 1/2 inches! So to be able to close this card without seeing the top of the pink nail polish bottle, I had to make a taller card then I normally would, but cutting two pieces of cardstock for the base, scoring one near what would be the fold and joining them prior to die cutting the pop-up panel. 

This card when closed measures 5 inches x 7 inches.

My nail polish in the bottles are glitter nail polish, using Elizabeth Craft Designs Silk Microfine Glitter in Bright Cranberry & Copper Rose.


For the background of my card I used Altenew's Gradient Stripes stamp set using my MISTI which allowed me to stamp multi times to get a solid black image. I stamped the background prior to joining the two panels for the inside, turning the stamp and stamping the thinner lines of the stamp a second time near the centre of the card.

Along the top and bottom of the card I used a border die from Lawn Fawn.

To finish off the inside I used a couple of sentiments from two different Altenew stamp sets ... the sentiment reads:

You Color My World
Happy Birthday.

As nail polish comes in so many different colors, I thought this sentiment worked well especially as I am still waiting for the stamp set that goes with this die to to come, I ordered that from someone else who didn't have it and was ordering it.


For the front of the card I repeated many of the elements I used on the inside of the card. The sentiment here was computer generated as I wanted to substitute the word "Mani" for many.

To finish off the front of the card I added some clear crystals from Pretty Pink Posh.

Supplies:



2 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Such a fun personalized card for your daughter. I didn't realize the nail polish bottle dies were so large! Great card.

jojot said...

a truly bold and fashionable design