Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Beep Boop

 
Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing a birthday themed Slimline Pop up card.


For the background of my card I used Dare 2B Artzy's Slimline Gears Die. I die cut the die from silver  cardstock, for the background panel behind the gears background I used an old technique I used to do years ago using oil pastels/crayons. To do this I used black cardstock and then scribbled silver, copper and red oil pastels/crayons over the background and then used my finger to blend the pastels into the card.

The gear background made me think of robots, so I pulled out my Honey Bee Stamps Build A Bot stamps & dies. I added the addition gear/cog that comes in the die set which I added close to the sentiment using a screw brad.


For the inside of the card, I die cut the Slimline Gears die to create the borders at the top and bottom edges of my card. This die is not long enough to go across the entire length of my slimline card so I die cut a short addition piece, removed the side border and matched up the gears carefully. I then adhered the panel to another black panel that I used the Oil Pastel technique to and cut the panel down the length of the panel.

I added two of the sentiments from the Honey Bee Stamps Gears Up stamp set.

 

To create the popped up robots, I used the longer angled platform from Karen Burniston's Mini Pops Pop up die set.











1 comment: