Friday, April 13, 2007

From the Grandpuppies!

Ok this one is just for fun, I happened to check out the limited supply challenge this afternoon. The challenge this week is centered around Mother's Day; to make a card for Grandma (from the kids but made by us), the theme is to be kid friendly and NO FLOWERS. Well first up my kids are adults, so there wasn't much point making that type of card to give to their grandmother's; the closest I am to being a grandmother at this stage is that I do have 2 grandpuppies so I decided to go with that idea instead for this one. I also wanted to play with an idea I found on another blog during the week "Tied Circles", you can find the tutorial for this type of card at Chris' blog "From my Inkpad to Yours" here
For my ties I decided to use the frayed ribbon technique which was another challenge recently on SCS, Chris has also got a tutorial on this on her site if you are interested. I figured the frayed ribbon suited the dog theme a lot better then other types of ribbon or string etc. I used my snap stamps to do the greeting - I didn't have enough "p's ", so I turned a "d" upside down - it worked just fine.


Recipe:
Stamps: Dog - Art Impressions; Greeting - Karen Foster Snap Stamps: Paw Background - Stampin' Up
Paper: - Wheat & Walnut Bazzill; white
Other: Chestnut Roan Fluid Chalk; Black ink; tria markers; brown grosgrain ribbon; paw brads

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it - all of it - layout, color, subject matter! Good job designing & creating. Thanks for sharing!

Kristine said...

Oh my goodness...how adorable is that?!! awesome card girlie!

Anonymous said...

ohhh....that's too cute!