Yesterday I posted my Happy Harmony Accordion book that I learnt how to make from Craft TV Weekly. Last night I decided to have a go at making the box. I wanted my box to look fairly similar to my book, trying to match up my SU card I used was a little difficult but I did discover a pack of plain scrapbook paper I purchased ages ago and hadn't used, I knew they would come in handy one day. I can tell you the box wasn't as easy to create as the book was, for this box the lid and the bottom are each folded a different way, I think because then you can still use the same size paper but you get your different sizes so the lid fits easily over the bottom. Being able to watch the webisode was of some help, but I did still keep getting stuck at that last fold to create the corner, whether it was that I was also chatting with friends online I am not sure. Anyway not one for giving up, I found some more paper to make my bottom and set to to follow those instructions, they were much easier to follow and easier to create my corner I needed. With that success I went back to try the lid and this time "got" it! I think making the bottom first helped to work out what I was doing wrong on the lid. The flower on the top of the box was made using the cuttlebug flower die, I was given this for Easter and this was the first time I used it. I wanted it to look something like the flower on the front of the book, which is why I stuck to the one color, I also scrunched up the flower before assembling it.
Stamps: Happy Harmony - Stampin' Up
Papers: Patterned - Me & My Big Ideas; Bordering Blue - Stampin' Up; White; Typhoon Bazzill card
Other: Marvy Brush Markers #17 & 96; blue grosgrain ribbon; flower cuttlebug die; blue brad