Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Butterfly Wishes

This weeks technique challenge on SCS was using the faux shaving cream technique. This is a fun technique and one I hadn't done before but kept meaning to., great for those bold stamps we own. I decided to combine this challenge with the color challenge (pretty in pink, bravo burgundy & always artichoke). I also received my Technique Junkies newsletter today from and I liked the modern grid technique featured in the newsletter so I decided to have a go at that while I was at it. As I don't own many SU ink pads as yet I substituted what I did have. I used pink pastel fluid chalk for the solid butterfly and then stamped the small flower from delight in life onto it using warm violet fluid chalk before stamping on the card. I then used warm violet again for the butterfly outline.

Recipe:
Stamps: Butterfly Sketch & Butterfly Shadow - Stamp It (Aust); word - Impression Obsession; Leaves & flower used on butterfly - Stampin' Up
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Bravo Burgundy, Always Artichoke, white
Other: Pink Pastel, Warm Violet, olive pastel & dark mossFluid chalks, Black ink pad, black marker, Cuttlebug slider die, pink ribbon, burgundy brads.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

Oh, this is so pretty!! Gorgeous butterflies, and I love the tile look. Great color combo--I had fun with it too :0)