Thursday, April 5, 2007

Answering a question

I received a comment on one of my cards yesterday asking me what I used to color in with.

Most of my coloring in is done using tria alcohol markers, these are made by Letraset. I have used these for at least 5 years and I love the effect I can achieve with these. There was a thread over at Splitcoast Stampers forum recently on alcohol markers; they were discussing Copic and Prisma. I haven't used these particular ones before so I can't comment on them, others commenting on that thread were happy with them. The tria's a different to the other two in that they have 3 nibs rather than 2. On mine the fat nib is on one end and then you have a finer nib at the other end, by changing the way you open the lid on this end you can also get a very fine point if you need it. You can also purchase reinkers for these markers, this was actually what they used to use before all these other alcohol inks came on the market by Ranger etc to do various alcohol ink techniques. I like how when you are doing larger areas you don't get the streaks you sometimes to with other markers. To add shadowing I either use a slightly darker color or if I don't have anything darker I use the same color a couple of times over each other, depending on how dark I need it.


Recipe to card:
Stamps: alota Rubber Stamps (all images)
Paper: White; Sun Yellow; Red
Other: Black ink; celeste blue impress ink; tria markers; cloud stencil

1 comment:

Chris said...

Thanks for explaining the benefits of these markers! :O) Chris