Monday, April 16, 2007

Featured Stamper Stamping

I went a little overboard today creating cards for the "Featured Stamper" challenge on SCS. The featured stamper for this week is Rohla / Amy. She has some fantastic cards in her gallery, so as usual it was pretty hard to decide which ones to try and case for the challenge. I ended up creating 3 cards inspired by cards in her gallery.

The first card was inspired by Amy's card found here. When I first saw this card it reminded me of the fleur de lis stamp I purchased last year and had not really used as yet. I wanted some texture on my background, so I went with the textile cuttlebug embossing folder, it has a similar look to the fleur de lis stamp, I highlight it with black ink. In Amy's description of her card she mentioned something about paper piercing, she had decided against it - so of course I decided I would do it on the black portion of the card as I felt it needed something.

The second card I created I chose because it featured the word by word background stamp and again I hadn't used it either - so this was another good card to make so I finally used a stamp. Amy's version is here.
I did change the colors for this one and also I ended up cutting 2 of the larger flowers to make the flower fuller.

My 3rd card was picked for no particular reason - although again I did end up using a stamp I hadn't used before - which wasn't the one Amy had used in her original card found here. I also changed the colors of this one.

Recipe for Cards:
My final card I created for this challenge,
Fleur De Lis:
Stamps: Fleur De Lis - Stamp It (Aust)
Paper: Pink, Black, White

Other: Black ink, clear ep, textile cuttlebug embossing folder, black brads, black grosgrain ribbon, paper piercing tool

Friendship Flower:
Stamps: Word by Word b'ground; Looks like Spring - SU
Paper: Pink, white, black, pale violet prisma.

Other: Wisteria, Pink Pastel & Rouge Fluid Chalks, Black ink, black brads, purple grosgrain ribbon, slot punch, flower punch

So Very:
Stamps: Petal Prints, Looks Like Spring, Polka Dots & Paisley, So Very
Paper: White, yellow, red, orange
Other: Yellow Citrus, Tangerine, Amber Clay, Lipstick Red Fluid Chalk, Black Ink, Yellow brads

4 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Great work...my fav is that first one!

Sue McGettigan said...

Your cards are just great - LOVE that fleur de lis stamp - wow!

Anonymous said...

Wow....all three cards are amazing!

Unknown said...

Love your cards! All of them!