Thursday, December 8, 2011

You’re So Tweet!

CCEE1149-PaperclipBookmark-

Hi all!
It’s challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. This week our challenge hostess is Cindy Haffner.

Cindy has challenged us to use chipboard, either homemade or store bought on our creations this week.

It has been a few years since I have made a Paper Clip Bookmark, and I was inspired to make one for this challenge after seeing one that Beate create a week or two ago. Since the last time I made any we have had lots of fun dies become available.

CCEE1149-PaperclipBookmark3

For my bookmark I used MFT Die-namics Homespun Birdhouse & Stamp Set. I cut all the main pieces using drink coaster chipboard and covered these with designer paper and then assembled my paper clip bookmark. If you haven’t made one of these before you can find a tutorial in the resource section of Splitcoast Stampers.

CCEE1149-PaperclipBookmark2

I also like Beate’s idea of presenting the paper clip bookmark in a display book so I decided to create one for mine. The red scallops around the edge of the back of the box was created using MFT Die-namics Small Scallop Border.

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

SmallScallopBorder

Don’t forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:

Stamps: Homespun Birdhouse – MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Red; Green; Chipboard; Quite Contrary DP – My Mind’s Eye
Die-namics: Homespun Birdhouse; Small Scallop Border – MFT Stamps
Other: Black Ink; Vintage Photo Distress Ink; Oval Punch; Scor-pal; Jumbo Paper Clip; Foam Tape

aa-owl-signature

7 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohhh ADORABLE!!~

Michele Boyer said...

This is SOOOO cute, Frances! And it's a paper clip! LOVE it!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

VERY cute, my friend! I collect birds/birdhouses and yours are so adorable! I love it!

Kathy Bradley said...

This is absolutely adorable - made me smile - thanks for sharing!

Joanne (jojot) said...

truly adorable

wannabcre8tive said...

This is so cute. Love that birdhouse.

Silli said...

smile, this is tweed!!!!!