Tuesday, October 3, 2023

October 2023 Karen Burniston Designer Challenge

 


 Hi Crafty Friends, 

Welcome to our October Karen Burniston Designer Challenge.

Check out Karen Burniston's blog on Wednesday (US Time) when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month, plus Karen will have an amazing video tutorial to share with us all.

Our challenge theme this month is ... "JACK-O-LANTERN" - Make a Halloween card that features at least one Jack-o-lantern. 


For my card today I pulled out my Bitty Ball Pop-up and the Character Add-ons 1 die sets to make my Jack O Lantern Ball Character.


Here is a quick video to see my card in action.


My Jack O Lantern is removable from the card, so that the recipient can enjoy long after the card is on display. I mounted the Jack O Lantern onto an acetate oval which had been die cut using the Ovals Crosshatch die set. I didn't want to hid the patterned paper when the Jack O Lantern was in the card.


I used the pumpkin borders from the Halloween borders die set to add the jack o lantern border on either side of the large Jack O Lantern Ball.

On the back panel of the card, I used another Oval Crosshatch die to add the "Trick or Treat" sentiment which was die cut using the Small Script Halloween die set. 

I also added some bats which are from the Halloween Charms die set.


Here is a close up photo of my Jack O Lantern.


Here you can see the different side views of my Jack O Lantern.


I kept the front of my card simple, seeing the focus is on the inside of my card. I used the Long Flap and Closure die to add to my card, to help keep it closed.

The "Happy Halloween" sentiment is from the Halloween Charms die set, as is the spider.












7 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Super cute

LibbyD said...

Oh, this is impossible! Just when I think there's "nothing new in the pumpkin patch"...YOU come up with an impossibly cute card! I do love this!

MadeByMeghanK said...

I love this pop up pumpkin! The cape is perfect!

Kimberly Glandorf said...

Wow! Fantastic card! Especially love the bright purple and orange!

dyeandpigment said...

So very cute

Denise Bryant said...

Love your card! Very fun pop-up card with the jack o'lantern!

Cindy Manott said...

Such a fun Jack O Lantern! Love all the bright fun colors. Love candy corn.