Monday, October 2, 2023

It's Your Birthday

 


Hi Crafty Friends,

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Today I am sharing a Slimline Pop-up card I created recently using stamps, dies and foil plates from various companies.


For the front of my card, I pulled out my Studio Katia Dotted Slimline 2 die set, to create all the layers of my card. I used a rainbow coloured patterned paper for the scallop layer.

The girl is die cut using Concord & 9th's Celebration Squad die set. I love all the different options you have in this die to create girl images.

I added a balloon to the girls hand, using a Lawn Fawn die set ... Outside In Stitched Balloon Stackables.

The sentiment is from Alex Syberia, a new company for me. It is a foil plate with a coordinating die to die cut out the sentiment. The sentiment was a little smaller than I was excepting, but I am more than happy with it. I foiled the sentiment with black foil and used a foiled foil plate so I could get the reverse image of the sentiment where the letters are white and the outline black.


For the inside of my card, I created a pop-up card, using Karen Burniston's new Stocking Pop-up die set. The pop-up mechanism in this die set, is generic and can be used with whatever you wish, in my case I added balloons using balloon dies from the same set that I used on the front. When you open the card, the balloons move up.

To finish off the card, I added a stamped sentiment using a Honey Bee Stamps Birthday Bliss stamp/die sets.






2 comments:

Michele said...

Great Birthday card!

Karen Aicken said...

So fun - I love balloons