Monday, November 20, 2023

Hello Gorgeous


Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing a birthday card I created for my granddaughter who celebrated her 11th birthday earlier this month. I would have been in big trouble, if I hadn't made this particular style of card for her as I knew she had been wanting one and her big brother got one earlier in the year for his birthday.


For the card I created a 3D Display Card using Made To Surprise by Sam Calcott's 3D Display Card and Stand die and Circular Frame Floral die sets.


As you can tell by the photo above, I added lights to the inner hollow portion of the card.



To decorate the card, I used the ephemera from Made To Surprise's Glitz and Glam Ephemera set. My granddaughter loves make up, so she will love this.


The "birthday love" sentiment is from Text{ures} Wildflower Collection.

I added the "11th" using Made To Surprise's Large Modern Numbers die set.


On the back of my card, I added a birthday sentiment from Made To Surprise's Showstoppers Sentiments stamp set. I also added a few more of the make up themed ephemera.

I added a blank white panel to the stand of my card, so I had a place to write a personal greeting.


After going to all that trouble making the 3D Display Card, I wanted to make something to carry it in and that would protect it. When Sam Calcott released the 3D Display and Stand Collection, she shared a tutorial on how to make an Envelope Gift Bag to fit the 3D Display Card in, so I decided to make one of those. I kept mine fairly simple, as a 13 year old boy isn't going to care too much about a gift bag. You can see Sam's video here


I used one of the toppers from the Glitz and Glam Paper Pad to add to the centre of the front of the bag. I also added the scalloped circle using the Circular Frame Floral die set.




Other Supplies:
  • Wake Up And Make Up Stamp Set - Simon Says Stamp














 

1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Wow - this is really something. I bet she loves it.