Tuesday, November 7, 2023

November 2023 Karen Burniston Designer Challenge

 


 Hi Crafty Friends, 

Welcome to our November Karen Burniston Designer Challenge.

Check out Karen Burniston's blog on Wednesday (US Time) when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month, plus Karen will have an amazing video tutorial to share with us all.

Our challenge theme this month is ... "WHAT'S COOKING?" - Use the Oven pop-up for a card of any theme.


For my card today I decided to make a 5 x 7 inch card, my last card I made using the Oven Pop-up card I made another 5 x 7 inch card which was a landscape version. This time I made a portrait style card.

As you can see I went with a Christmas theme for my card, using the traditional red and green colour combo. I die cut the oven from the Oven Pop-up die from black cardstock to make a black oven. 


The oven door opens to reveal a turkey that is cooking in the oven. For the turkey, mixer and pot on the stove I used the Oven Extras die set. The gingerbread men & tray are also from the Oven Pop-up die set.

I doubled up the white tiled backsplash which is also from the Oven Extras die set and then added my red cupboards and the range hood to the card.

I added the Christmas wreath and garland using the Street Lantern Pop-up (wreath) and the Fireplace Extras 1 die sets.

I used the Small Script Christmas die set to add the Christmas Greetings sentiment at the top of the card.


I added the gnome to the card using the Gnome and Santa die set, I added the whisk to the gnome using the Baking Charms die set. The gnome is attached to a small bam box from the Small Scenes Pop-up Bam Box die set.

I computer generated the sentiment on the oval panels which are die cut using the Ovals - Crosshatch die sets.

Finally I added the bowl and wooden spoon, also from the Baking Charms die set.


As the focus of this card is on the inside, I kept the front of the card fairly simple.

I added the sentiment using the Merry Christmas and Merry Christmas Shadow die sets.

I also added another gnome from the Gnome and Santa die set. The whisk, bowl and wooden spoon are from the Baking Charms die set.















5 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Wonderful card!

Cindy said...

Such a cute Christmas card.

Kathy De Hay said...

I Love your card and the little gnome. Maybe he would like to help me bake some sweets. I would rather make sweets instead of savory.

Nadine said...

I love the little gnome baker and his kitchen. I love baking sweets!

Cindy Manott said...

Love the card and your Christmas colors. Love baking sweet and savory. And this would be a kitchen to do it in!