Monday, January 8, 2024

Blooming Birthday


Hi Crafty Friends,

I have a floral pop-up card to share with you today, using one of the die sets from the Pop Up Blooms Collection from Made To Surprise by Same Calcott. This collection was released mid December, and my order literally got thrown over the fence on Friday evening. Of course it was a no brainer what I would be playing with on Saturday! 


For this card, I used the Scalloped Heart Blooms die/stamp set. I die cut seven of the large flowers from pink paper that was 150gsm in weight. I then die cut the tiny heart layer 42 times, there is only one die to do this but fortunately I was able to die cut 3 layers at a time so it wasn't all that time consuming.

The flowers were adhered into a top folding 6 inch x 6 inch card base. I embellished the flowers using the leaves and foliage included in the die set.


Here is a side view of my pop-up card. The sentiment in the centre flower is from the sentiment stamp set from this collection.


I kept the front of the card fairly simple as the focus of this card is on the inside. I added a flower themed birthday sentiment and layered this onto circles. I then used the flower die and circle included in the Scalloped Heart Blooms die set to add the flowers around the circle.














1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

A card sure to make someone smile