Tuesday, January 2, 2024

January 2024 Karen Burniston Designer Challenge

 


Hi Crafty Friends, 

Welcome to our January Karen Burniston Designer Challenge, our first challenge for 2024.

Check out Karen Burniston's blog on Wednesday (US Time) when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month, plus Karen will have an amazing video tutorial to share with us all.

Our challenge theme this month is ... "RAISE IT UP!" - Make a card of any theme that uses the Raising Platform Pop-up.


For my card today, I decided to create a 5" x 7" landscape card. As you can see by the photo above, I added two of the Raising Platform mechanism dies to each side of my card, to create a double pop-up. I positioned the pop up at 2 1/2" from each edge as recommended in Karen Burniston's assembly video. 

However rather than use the label for the pop ups, I cut a piece of pink card that was 5 1/2" x 2 3/4" and folded it in half to make a 2 3/4" square panel. I added this panel to the pop up mechanism, lining the top of the panel slightly lower than the top of the card. I did this to both pop up mechanisms.

I then decorated each pop up piece with card layers, sentiments and cupcakes/candles.

The cupcakes are from the Cupcake Add-ons die set and the candles from the Birthday Candles Add-ons die set.



To finish off the inside of the card, I added the "You're Sweet" sentiment which I cut apart, so I can added one word at the top and one on the bottom of my card.


As the focus of my card is on the inside, I kept the front of the card fairly simple. I added three more cupcakes along the bottom of the card. I also added the Happy Birthday and Happy Birthday Shadow die sets to add the sentiment.













3 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Great card for the challenge!

Dotsy said...

What a great card! I got this die and excited to create with it. My friend and her husband have birthdays on the same day, so I need to make them both cards. TFS!

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

I love your Raised Platform card and the cute cupcakes!! LOVE IT SO MUCH i PUCHASED THE DIE!!