Thursday, April 17, 2014

The Grillfather

CCEE141Grillfather-wm

Hi everyone,

It’s challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Kathy our challenge hostess for April continues to brings us fun challenges.

This week Kathy has challenged us to make a card that reflects your very favorite movie or movie star. Don’t forget to identify the movie and/or star!

CCEE141Grillfather2-wm

When I was first thinking about this challenge, my plans were in a totally different direction then what I ended up with. I had thought about doing something about Harry Potter. However then I went through some stamps I have in a box on my box which are fairly new waiting to be used and I spied this cute little guy and I thought … hmmm he looks a little like Zorro. And that was that!

As you can see I have created a Pivot card using the Katie Label Pivot Card set designed by Karen Burniston’s for Elizabeth Crafts Designs.

CCEE141Grillfather3-wm

I also found in my stash a BBQ image which is from an older Gina K stamp set, so I figured I would use that too … as it works with the guy on the other side of the card.

CCEE141Grillfather4-wm

Here is a close up of the right side of my card … now you might be able to see easier why I thought he looked a bit like Zorro … he is wearing a mask (no I didn’t draw that on) and the way he is holding that BBQ fork … On Guard! Oh and for the record … Zorro isn’t my favorite movie … but I am sure it is someone’s favorite movie somewhere hehe!

CCEE141Grillfather1-wm

Here is the front of my card. I used thin stripes of red adhesive tape along the side and bottom edges and added some BBQ tools to the right side of the card.

CCEE141Grillfather5-wm

And finally a look at my card from the back.

Don’t forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:

  • Amber Hillman
  • Anne Harmon
  • Joanne Grzelak
  • Lois Bak
  • Sabrina Friel
  • Shirley Quarry
  • Vicky Gould
  •  

    Stamps: Grill Father – Art Impressions; King of the Grill – Gina K; Handy Man – Paper Pretties
    Paper: White; Yellow; Red; Hey Boy DP – Rosie’s Studio
    Dies: Katie Label Pivot Card designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
    Other: Black Ink; Black Rhinestones; Foam Tape; Copics

     

    #aa-owl-signature

    8 comments:

    raquelmason.blogspot.com said...

    Love the color scheme & your Zoro is certainly the master of his grill. Such a fun card! AND you have the perfect sentiments to match.

    Vicky Gould said...

    He certainly does stand like Zorro!!! What an adorable Father's Day card this would also make. Perfect for the BBQ King of any family. Love it, Frances!

    Lois said...

    Too too funny!!! BTW, your continual use of those pivot dies finally got me. I'm awaiting arrival of two of them in my mail!

    jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

    What a fun card, and I can see why you thought of Zorro. I love the swash-buckling movies, so I know that one really well!!!

    Sue Ann F. said...

    This would make a good card for a male birthday or for Father's day. Cute stamps too.

    Joanne (jojot) said...

    Zorro was the perfect choice...what a fun image

    Sabrina said...

    What a super-fun card, Frances. An absolutely fab guy card which would be perfect for so many men I can think of...even if we don't have quite the same weather for BBQ that you do!!

    JD/ Jill said...

    This is so creative and cute! Love it!