Sunday, April 13, 2014

Elizabeth Craft Designs Class Cards

ECDStandUp1-wm

Hi everyone,

Some of you may be aware that Els Van de Burgt and her daughter Joset from Elizabeth Craft Designs were recently down here in Australia teaching classes at stamp stores and craft shows.

As I am on the design team for Elizabeth Craft Designs, I was super excited that they both would be at our recent Brisbane Craft show demoing and teaching classes. As soon as I got my email from the company organising the classes for the show, I was on the phone booking my spot … I believe I was #1 haha!

As the classes were so popular, I didn’t actually get to do the classes at the show. Instead I got to help Els will the class which was just as much fun if not more so. I still got both of the kits for both classes, so I was able to make my cards up at home. I even got to go back the next day to help Els with the classes. Of course I also got to see lots of wonderful techniques demoed by Els at the stand.

ECDStandUpFlower3-wm

For the first class we made two Stand Up cards using Elizabeth Craft Designs Stand Up Helpers die.

For the first card we also used the  Big Flower Set 1; Big Triple Leaves and the Bee die. Students also learnt how to use Shimmer Sheetz; Adhesive Velvet paper and the Silk Microfine Glitter.

ECDStandUpBfly3-wm

For our second card we used the Butterfly Silhouette and the Butterfly Overlay 2. I forgot to get a sentiment for this one so I stamped a sentiment instead.

ECDOvalAccord-wm

For the second class in the afternoon, everyone got to make two Oval Accordion cards … using the Oval Accordion Card die set designed by Karen Burniston. Students got to see how you can decorate the card using either the frame edge dies or die cutting designer paper with the Oval Accordion Card page die.

ECDOvalAccordRose-wm

For the first card we used the Roses in Oval Peel-Off Stickers along with adhesive paper and Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter and copics to color. I love this technique!

ECDOvalAccordDaisy-wm

The second card in the afternoon was created using the Daisy Die and Ladybug Die along with Velvet Adhesive Paper and Shimmer Sheetz … both fun products to use!

Els-Demoing

Here is a photo of Els demoing on the stand between classes. The exciting thing about this photo is that many of those cards on the front of the table are mine!

IMG_5334

And here is a photo of the three of us at the stand. Joset, Me and Els. Not the greatest photo of me … but then most aren’t!!!!!!!!

I had a fun time and can’t wait for Els to come back again!

Dies: Stand Up Helpers; Big Flower 1; Big Triple Leaf; Bees; Butterfly Silhouette; Butterfly Overlay 2; Curvy Leaves; Ladybug; Daisy; Oval Accordion Card (designed by Karen Burniston) – Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Shimmer Sheetz; Adhesive Velvet Paper; Silk Microfine Glitter; Rose in Oval Peel-off Stickers; ECD Embossing Folder; various other ECD products – All Elizabeth Craft Designs.

#aa-owl-signature

4 comments:

Virgo5 said...

Awesome Frances, sounds like a lot of fun, your cards are beautiful!

Joanne (jojot) said...

how cool is it that you were able to all meet....bet that doesn't happen too often with you 'down under' most of us....and how perfect that you were able to help with the classes....what lucky participants, cuz nobody does these cards better than you...NOBODY......so glad you had fun and thx for sharing the pics....always fun to see our cyberfriends in pictures....you look fab, Hoots

Unknown said...

Beautiful. I especially love the roses.

raquelmason.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful cards. You're a lucky gal to have met Els & Joset.