Thursday, April 24, 2014

Friends Share Everything

CCEE1417Umbrella1-wm

Hi everyone,

It’s challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Kathy our challenge hostess for April brings us her final challenge for the month.

This week our challenge is … April Showers (What does April Showers mean to you, i.e., flowers, weeds, mowing, sun, warmer temperatures, etc.)?

So when I thought about this question I thought about the obvious brings May flowers … I have flowers on the base of the inside of my card. Of course rain also makes that grass grow taller so it has to be mown again … so I include tall grass. If you are going out in the rain you might need an umbrella so you don’t get wet … so I have umbrellas on my designer paper on the outside and the girls huddled under the umbrella on the inside. And of course the rain … the designer paper on the upright part on the inside.

CCEE1417Umbrella-wm

Here is the front of my card … I used umbrella designer paper, tall grass die and the quote for the sentiment.

CCEE1417Umbrella2-wm

As you can see I have created a pop up card using the Lucy Label Pop-Up set designed by Karen Burniston’s for Elizabeth Crafts Designs. For this card I only used the label part of the pop up leaving the smaller pop up at the top of the platform down.

Earlier this year I purchased the Art Impressions Under My Umbrellas Girlfriends stamp set, which of course I had to use on this card … I guess if you  only have one umbrella you would have to share right!

I added some tall grass to the bottom of the card and at the top I used the Paper Smooches Quotables die for my sentiment … love this die. I also added some Gold/Silver Glitter Dots to the Quote bubble.

CCEE1417Umbrella3-wm 

Here is one more look at the inside of my card, this time at an angle so you can see the pop up piece.

Don’t forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:

  • Amber Hillman
  • Anne Harmon
  • Joanne Grzelak
  • Lois Bak
  • Sabrina Friel
  • Vicky Gould
  •  

    Stamps: Girlfriends Under My Umbrella Set – Art Impressions
    Paper: White; Pink; Splendid Sunshine DP – Echo Park
    Dies: Lucy Label Pop-Up designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Quotables – Paper Smooches; MFT Die-namics Tall Grassy Edge
    Other: Black Ink; ECD Silver/Gold Glitter Dots; Foam Tape; Copics

     

    #aa-owl-signature

    9 comments:

    Joanne (jojot) said...

    absolute perfection....and oh so true

    Karen Aicken said...

    Glitter dots, Pop it Ups, quote dies and your wonderful way of combining images and papers. What's not to LOVE?
    Cheers, Karen A

    martina's kaartjes said...

    love your card ! great stamp and pop up !
    greetings from belgium
    martina
    x

    Vicky Gould said...

    Another fabulous card!!!

    Lois said...

    Awesome! I think you covered everything.

    jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

    Wonderful pop up with all the flowers underfoot!

    wannabcre8tive said...

    A super cute card, I love the image.

    Michele Boyer said...

    So cute, Frances! Love the pop up friends!

    Sabrina said...

    LOL at the tall grass growing even taller with the rain. And I love your umbrella paper and sentiment.