Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Just for Mother’s Day!

KBMothersDay2-wm

Hi everyone,

As promised yesterday I am back today with another card for Karen Burniston’s Designer Challenge.

Check out the Elizabeth Crafts Designs blog on Wednesday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month, plus Karen Burniston will have another of her amazing video tutorials for us.

This time round Karen has given us the theme Mamas and Babies - Use Pop it Ups to celebrate Mom for Mother's Day OR make a Baby card. You decide!

Yesterday for this challenge I shared with you all my baby card using the Oval Accordion Card dies. Today I have a Mother’s Day card to share with you all.

For my card today I used both the Circle Accordion Card and the Fancy Label Accordion Card dies Karen Burniston’s for Elizabeth Crafts Designs. If you look carefully at the photo above you will see that the centre panel of my accordion card is the Fancy Label Accordion die and the two on the outside use the Circle Accordion Card die.

I love that these two die sets can work so well together and it is soooo easy to achieve. Here is how:

1.  Die cut your two circle accordion pages and your fancy label page as you would normally do and decorate however you wish.

2. Attach the first circle page to the fancy label exactly the same way you would any accordion card.

3. Trim off the tab at the end of the Fancy Label page.

4. Turn the remaining circle accordion page so that the tab is now next to the fancy label page in the centre and attach the tab to the back of the fancy label page.

5. Attach the small centre circle tab to the small centre fancy label piece. Trim off the two small tabs on the fancy label and then join this with the remaining small centre circle using the tab on the circle.

KBMothersDay3-wm

To decorate my card I used Elizabeth Craft Designs Circle of Roses Peel of Stickers. I placed these onto adhesive paper and then covered with ECD Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter and polished the glitter into the paper and then colored with my copics and blender pen.

KBMothersDay4-wm

For the outer edges of my accordion frames I used the Square with Circle Frame Edges set for the Circle panels and the Fancy Frame Edges set for the Fancy Label Panel. I also added two little roses (also from the Peel-Off Sticker sheet on the panel with my sentiment.

KBMothersDay-wm

Here is a look at my card when it is closed ready to be placed in an envelope to be delivered.

KBMothersDay5-wm

I have again decorated the back of my accordion … but not a lot for this one. All I did was cut the Fancy Label Accordion page again this time in white. Cut off the tab and the circle fancy label piece from the frame and adhered it to the centre panel which was burgundy. So now from this side all my panels have a white base. I also added a sentiment to the centre panel. I have the two end panels to use for when I want to write a greeting to give this to someone.

If you are looking to purchase Karen’s Pop It Ups dies in Australia you can find them at Photo Continental.

Don’t forget to check out the Elizabeth Crafts Designs blog on Wednesday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month.

Here is what I used to create my card:

 

Stamps: Just For Mother’s Day – Print Blocks; Clearly Sentimental About Mothers – MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Burgundy
Dies: Circle Accordion Card; Square with Circle Frame Edges; Fancy Label Accordion Card; Fancy Frame Edge – designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Ink; EDC Circle of Roses Peel-Off Stickers; ECD Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter; Double Sided Adhesive; Foam Tape; Copics

 

#aa-owl-signature

4 comments:

oldredshed said...

Love this, so clever to mix and match the two dies. :)

raquelmason.blogspot.com said...

Love how you combined the 2 accordion dies and I absolutely love your color combo!

Sparkly Engineer said...

This is a beautiful card. I like the way you varied the dies in the cut out. The stickers are gorgeous with the glitter on them.

Joanne (jojot) said...

this is GORGEOUS with the stained glass look.....wow