Monday, April 14, 2014

It’s A Boy!

KBBabyBoy2-wm

Hi everyone,

It’s time for our March Karen Burniston Designer Challenge, this time round our theme is Mamas and Babies - Use Pop it Ups to celebrate Mom for Mother's Day OR make a Baby card. You decide!

Check out the Elizabeth Crafts Designs blog on Wednesday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month, plus Karen Burniston will have another of her amazing video tutorials for us.

I have made two card for this challenge … the second one I will post on my blog tomorrow.

As you can see, my card today is a baby scene. I used the Oval Accordion Card and Oval Dots Frame Edges die sets designed by Karen Burniston’s for Elizabeth Crafts Designs.

KBBabyBoy3-wm

For my card I used stamps from Lili of the Valley on both of the end panels. The sentiment is from a cheapy baby set I found in my stash.

I have a mix of designer papers to decorate my pages and the oval dotted frame edge. As you can see I also embellished some of the panels with some baby themed buttons.

KBBabyBoy4-wm

Here is a close up of the middle and end panels of my card. The circle dies on the centre panel are from the Circle Accordion Card die set.

KBBabyBoy-wm

Here is the front of my card when it is closed ready to be placed in a envelope so it can be given to someone.

KBBabyBoy5-wm

I don’t often decorate the back of the accordion cards I create, but sometimes for those special cards you may want to. This gives me space to add a sentiment and also a place for someone to write a greeting to whoever this will be going to eventually.

One tip of you do want to decorate the back of your accordions … do so BEFORE you join all the centre ovals together. Don’t ask me how I know hehe! Yeap I decided after mine were joined and for once I used really strong adhesive so couldn’t pull them apart … but I did get there.

If you are looking to purchase Karen’s Pop It Ups dies in Australia you can find them at Photo Continental.

Don’t forget to check out the Elizabeth Crafts Designs blog on Wednesday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month. I will also be back tomorrow with another card to share with you for this challenge.

Here are the products I used to create my card:

Stamps: Baby with Teddy; All Our Dreams – Lili of the Valley; It’s A Boy – Unknown
Paper: White; Blue; Special Delivery DP – Pebbles Inc
Dies: Accordion Oval Card; Oval Dots Frame Edges; Accordion Circle Card – designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Ink; Baby Themed Buttons; Foam Tape; Copics

 

#aa-owl-signature

6 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Oh Frances this is just soooooo sweet. I love it! Your colouring is amazing, and those buttons put this card right over the top.
Cheers
Karen A

Unknown said...

adorable card and sentiment

Rita Edwards - Edwards Design said...

What a lovely card, Frances! You always create something new and different, so nicely done!
xxx

oldredshed said...

Lovely card, I'll definitely be pinning it on Pinterest to copy when I need to make new baby card. Love the cute stamp. :)

Joanne (jojot) said...

oh so sweet....

Marylène said...

Bonjour
très joli vos cartes y a t'il un tutoriel pour pouvoir la faire
Merci Bonne journée