Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Friends

PIU-FriendsGame2-wm

Hi everyone,

Today I have a pop up card to share with you using the Lots of Pops Pop-Up die set designed by Karen Burniston’s for Elizabeth Crafts Designs.

Head on over to Studio Els on April 1 when the April issue of Scrapbooking.com Magazine is online. My Friends card is one of the featured projects.

Recently I have been playing with creating pop-ups using fun designer papers,, like this one which has the 4 children playing a game. The Designer paper is Scoreboard from Webster's Pages. It has certainly made me look at/for designer papers in a new way.

PIU-FriendsGame3-wm

To create my card I started with the designer paper which I cut so that it measured 5.75"x 11.5". I folded the designer paper in half so it measures  5.75" square.

I placed the Lots of Pops pop-up die on the centre fold,  towards the left side of my card, so that the boys head that is on the bottom of the designer paper didn’t get chopped off. I love that with the new Pop It Ups dies we can decide where to position the dies on our card. As long as there is a fold then you can place it there.

I have also used the All Seasons Tree and placed this on the pop up piece on the right side of the pop up. I added grass which is in the Garden Bench Die set on 3 of the pop ups and the sentiment “friends” on the top pop up piece.

PIU-FriendsGame4-wm

Along the top  edge of the card I used one of the edges from the Agatha Edges die set to create the fancy edge.

PIU-FriendsGame-wm

Here is the front of my card. I kept this simple seeing all the action is on the inside of the card. The designer paper used here is the reverse of the designer paper I used on the inside. I love how the word “Game” which is printed on the right side of the paper was able to fit on my card. To finish off my card I added the blue flourish created using the Agatha Edges set.

Stamps: Sending Happy Thoughts – Hero Arts
Paper: White; Brown; Green; Blue; Scoreboard DP – Webster’s Pages
Pop It Up Dies: Lots of Pops Pop-Up; Agatha Edges; All Seasons Tree; Garden Bench Die – Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Ink; Rhinestones

#aa-owl-signature

2 comments:

Sparkly Engineer said...

This card is fab. Love the theme and the design. The paper piecing is a nice choice.

Joanne (jojot) said...

very cool pop up card