Saturday, April 12, 2014

Happy Easter

C4C231EasterEggs-wm

Hello everyone,

It is my turn to post on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog today. Hop on over to the blog to find out how I create my card … I have step by step instructions which you can find here.

It’s also challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog.  Our challenge hostess for the month, Joanne Grzelak continues to bring us fun challenges.

This week Joanne has challenged us …. April 20th will be Easter Sunday. As a child eggs were something we colored and ‘hunted’. It was also part of our traditional foods on the holiday. However, through my heritage and travels I have grown to appreciate the various egg decorating arts around the world. In honor of that, we will have eggs on our cards/projects. They can be simple, elaborate, fun, funky, or elegant. Just think EGG!!!

C4C231EasterEggs2-wm

As you can see I have created another pop up card … I love creating pop up cards.

The eggs are Peel-Off Stickers from Elizabeth Craft Designs, which I have covered with double sided adhesive and glittered with Cool Diamond Microfine Glitter.  I have used the Lots of Pops Pop-up die set designed by Karen Burniston’s for Elizabeth Crafts Designs. I have also used various dies from Elizabeth Craft Designs as well as Velvet Adhesive Paper and Shimmer Sheetz.

Check out the  Elizabeth Craft Designs blog for more details.

C4C231EasterEggs3-wm

Here is another view of the inside so you can see the pop up piece a little easier.

C4C231EasterEggs1-wm

And let’s not forget the front of my card. I kept this fairly simple as the focus is on the inside of my card.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.


  • Anja de Regt
  • Barbara Anders
  • Betty Wright
  • Heather Pulvirenti
  • Helen Cryer
  • Jessie Rone
  • Joanne Grzelak
  • Kelli Hull
  • Kristine Reynolds
  • Peggy McCurry
  • Brenda O’Rear 


  • Here are the products I used to create my card:


    Stamps: Happy Easter – Penny Black
    Paper: White; Orange; Bread Basket Plaid DP – The C-Thru Ruler Co
    Dies: Lots of Pops Pop-Up; Garden Bench Pop-Up; Circle Accordion Die  – designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Bamboo Trellis Die; Four Bows Die – Elizabeth Craft Designs
    Other: Black Ink; ECD Small Eggs Peel-Off Stickers; ECD Swirly Curves Embossing Folder; ECD Blue Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz; ECD Light Blue Velvet Paper; ECD Cool Diamond Silke Microfine Glitter; Foam Tape; Copics

    #aa-owl-signature

    4 comments:

    Karen Aicken said...

    Such a pretty Easter Card, Frances ... I think my favourite part is the way you added the Shimmer Sheetz.
    Cheers
    Karen A

    Joanne (jojot) said...

    very cool use of stickers....love this Easter beauty

    Betty Wright said...

    You are truly the Queen of dimensional cards. You always just add the perfect finishing touches! Gorgeous!

    Benzi said...

    A gorgeous pop-up card.