Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Watercolor Bouquet Easel Card


Hi Crafty Friends,

My card today is for a challenge I do with a couple of friends of mine. Each month we challenge each other to create something using supplies we all own.

For our challenge this month we are playing with stencils.

I have purchased a number of new stencils this year, so this challenge was a great opportunity to pull another one out and play. For my card today I used Altenew's Watercolor Bouquet Stencil. 

As you can see I have created another easel card this time using Crafter's Companion Swirl Easel die set. I stencilled the design onto pink pattern paper using pinks, purples and green Altenew inks. I die cut the panel using the layering die included in the Easel die set.



For the base of the card I used one of the swirl decorative dies included in the die set, to create the swirl layer on the front. 

I added a couple of sentiments to the card.



Here is a look at my card when it is closed ready to be placed in an envelope.

 I splattered some Champagne Gold Gansai Tambi Paint over the stencilled panel before adhering it to the easel card.

 I also added a few pink transparent crystals to the main panel of the card.

Supplies:


2 comments:

jojot said...

a rose beauty

Karen Aicken said...

Outstanding use of a stencil. Such a pretty card!