Friday, May 25, 2018

I Vike You Very Much


Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing a card I created recently using the Crafter's Companion Timepiece Easel die set.

For the background of my card I die cut two of the shield shaped layering pieces which comes in the die set. One one I used the Lawn Fawn Stitched Woodgrain Background to cover the whole panel and on the other I only covered about 1/3 of the bottom of the card base. I colored these areas using Distress Oxide inks in Squeezed Lemonade; Frayed Burlap; Vintage Photo.

On the upper part of the second panel I used a giraffe stencil from MFT Stamps and sponged over with Hickory Smoke Distress Oxide ink. I thought the stencil could look like a rock wall rather than using a brick wall.


To decorate my card I stamped images from MFT Stamps Viking stamp set and Clearly Besotted Hip Hop Hooray stamp set. Both are viking stamp sets, so the images work well together.

I used the Viking from the Clearly Besotted stamp set to create a framed photo on the castle wall ... maybe one of the Vikings ancestors.


To finish off the card I added two sentiments, one of the main part of the card and the other on the base which is used to keep the card open when needed.

I also added Nuvo Drops to the circles on the hats/belt etc .

Supplies:



Other: 
Stamps: Viking - MFT Stamps; Hip Hop Hooray - Clearly Besotted
Cardstock - White; Black; Blue



2 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

OMGOSH, you are rocking these easel cards!! This is so fun.

jojot said...

wow....so fabulous