Hi Crafty Friends,
It's my turn to post a tutorial on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog. I am getting a head start on Father's Day cards .... it's only a few weeks away in the USA however it isn't until September down here in Australia where I live.
For my card I am playing with a few new products recently released by Elizabeth Craft Designs. I love the new Beach Glitter Palette which is perfect for beach scenes but also fabulous colors for male themed cards. I have also used four new die sets and one new stamp set designed by Joset Designs.
Here is how I created my card:
Step 1 -
- Cut a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock that measures 8 1/2 inches x 5 1/2 inches.
- Using Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape in 3mm; 6mm; 10mm and 15mm widths, adhere the tape diagonally to the card alternating the widths until you cover the entire sheet. Tip: Make sure there are no gaps between the adhesive tape as you are laying it on the card.
- Use a bone folder or similar to ensure that the adhesive is adhered securely to the cardstock.
- Remove the protect from any one of the adhesive strips and then every 5th adhesive strip after that. Cover the adhesive with Midnight Blue Silk Microfine Glitter from the Beach Glitter Palette set. Return excess glitter to jar and polish glitter into the adhesive for maximum shine.
- Repeat this step with the other four Silk Microfine Glitters included in the Beach Glitter Palette set - Sand Dunes; Silver Sand; Ocean Blue and Pebble Blue.
Step 2 -
- Using the second largest rectangle from the Dashing Rectangles die set, die cut a rectangle using the glittered background created in step 1. Tip: Make sure to place the die close to the edge so you have enough of the glittered background to use on the inside of the card.
- Using the largest rectangle from the Fitted Rectangles die set, die cut a rectangle from a piece of blue cardstock.
- Cut a piece of dark blue cardstock that measures 4 1/2 inches x 11 1/2 inches. Score along the long side at 5 3/4 inches and fold.
- Layer the two rectangle panels together and adhere to the front of the folded card.
Step 3 -
- Counting from the centre, use the fourth die in the Stitched Hexagons die set to die cut a hexagon from White Cardstock.
- Counting from the centre, use the fifth die in the Fitted Hexagons die set to die cut a hexagon from dark blue cardstock.
- Layer both hexagons together and adhere to the top right hand corner of the card as per photo above.
Step 4 -
- Die cut the words "Happy Father's Day" from the Words 3 - Happy Holidays die set from blue cardstock. (Tip: die cut each sentiment 3 to 4 times and layer on top of each other to give the sentiment more depth.)
- Adhere sentiment to hexagon on card.
- Die cut the fork; Spatula/Egg Flip and sausage from the Backyard Barbeque die set from White Soft Finish Cardstock. Color each image with markers and add around sentiment.
Step 5 -
- Cut a piece of blue cardstock that measures 4 1/4 inches x 11 1/4 inches. Score along the long side at 5 5/8 inches and fold.
- Create a pop-up card by die cutting the largest pop-up die included in the General Pop-ups die set.
- Cut the remaining glittered background created in step 1 so it measures 1 3/4 inches x 4 1/4 inches.
- Cut two dark blue strips approximately 1/2 inch x 4 1/4 inches and adhere to the top of both glittered background panels.
- Adhere panels to both edges of pop-up card.
- Adhere the pop-up card to the inside of the dark blue card created in step 3.
Step 6 -
Using the Backyard Barbeque die set, die cut the following:
- 1 x BBQ from Black Cardstock
- 1 x BBQ from Dark Blue Cardstock
- 1 x BBQ lid from Black Cardstock
- 1 x BBQ lid from Dark Blue Cardstock
- 1 x Circle/BBQ Wheel from White Soft Finish Cardstock
- 2 x Sauce Bottles from White Soft Finish Cardstock
- 2 x Steaks from White Soft Finish Cardstock
- 2 x Steak Decorative Panel from White Soft Finish Cardstock
- 1 x Hamburger from White Cardstock
- 1 x Hamburger Cheese/Meat from White Soft Finish Cardstock
- 1 x Fork from White Soft Finish Cardstock
- 1 x Spatula/Egg Flip from White Soft Finish Cardstock
- 1 x Flames from White Soft Finish Cardstock
(Tip: if preferred you can cut all the individual pieces from various colored cardstock rather than white)
- Cut off the legs and top part of the BBQ from the Dark Blue BBQ and layer this over the Black BBQ.
- Cut off the Handle to bottom part of the BBQ lid from the Dark Blue BBQ and layer this over the Black BBQ.
- Glue the left corner of the BBQ lid to the BBQ base so it looks like it is in the open position.
- Color the Circle/BBQ Wheel using a grey marker and adhere over the black wheel.
- Color the flames using yellow and orange markers and adhere inside of BBQ.
- Adhere BBQ to the pop-up panel on the inside of the card.
Step 7 -
- Stamp the sentiment "You're Smoking" from the Summer Fun Sentiments Clear Stamp set onto White Soft Finish Cardstock using black ink.
- Using the same Stitched Hexagon die used on the front of the card, die cut the sentiment so that the sentiment is close to the top of the die cut.
- Using the same Fitted Hexagon die used on the front of the card, die cut a hexagon from dark blue cardstock. Layer the two hexagons together.
- Using the Blackboard Alphabet die set, die cut the letters "D A D" from blue cardstock.
- Adhere the letters to lower part of the white hexagon.
- Adhere hexagon to the base of the pop-up card, referring to the photo above for placement.
Step 8 -
- Color the BBQ food and accessory that were die cut in step 6 using markers of choice.
- Adhere the sausage to the fork and then use a thin piece of acetate to attach above BBQ, so that it appears the sausage is being cooked in the flame.
- Adhere all other food and accessories to card referring to photos above for placement.
Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Cardstock - Blue; Dark Blue