Monday, November 23, 2020

Teacher Slimline Peekaboo Card


Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing another Teacher thank you card I created for my grandchildren to give to their teachers at the end of the year.

 I finally received my Whimsy Stamps Slimline die order which had taken about 9 or 10 weeks to get here ... parcels to Australia can take so long now we are living in a pandemic world ... sigh. Of course as I had been waiting so long I had to use one of my dies immediately.


For my card today I have created a Slimline Peekaboo card using Whimsy Stamps Slimline Scallop Peekaboo 1 die set. I die cut the die from red cardstock and then layered patterned paper to the two doors on the front of the card. 

I added ovals to each door which are from Karen Burniston's  Crosshatch Ovals die set. I then added the #1 and teacher die cut sentiments to the card.  The #1 is from an older PTI Wonderful Words Teacher die set and the teacher sentiment is from Heffy Doodle.


I adhered a rectangle panel to the back of the peekaboo panel using patterned paper at the top (for the wall) and woodgrain paper along the bottom of the floor.

This panel was then adhered to a top folding Slimline card which measures 8 5/8 x 3 5/8 inches.

I used stamps from Clearly Besotted's Wise Owl; Picture It Classroom and Being Schooled stamp sets to decorate the inside of the card.


For the inside of the card I created a pop up card using Lawn Fawn's Pop-up Thanks die. I love that this can work in a Slimline card as well as a standard A2 card.

I added a few more of the owls to the back of the card, coloring the books in rainbow order.

I added a patterned paper panel, to both the top and bottom edges of the card, using a border die from Karen Burniston's new Long Nature Edges die set.

To finish off the card, I added a mega oval & scalloped oval to the base of the card, adding a sentiment from Heffy Doodle's Teach Me Words stamp set.






Mega Ovals Die Set - Spellbinders (retired)

Mega Scalloped Ovals Die Set - Spellbinders (retired)

Wonderful Words Teacher Die Set - Papertrey Ink (retired)















 

1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

So glad you got your dies = such a fun card you made with them.