Monday, April 23, 2007

Happy Harmony Accordian Book

I didn't think I would do any stamping today, this is my first day at home on my own for about 5 weeks as my husband has just returned to work after his annual holidays. I should be doing housework which I have neglected a little while he has been home, but I just couldn't help myself LOL! Every week I go visit Craft TV Weekly to watch their webisode of the week. Some of the programs can be more geared to scrapbooking (which I don't do), but often there is something that can be adapted for those of us who stamp. Some of the names who appear on this program include Trish from Club Scrap; Judy from Judikins and Karen from Yasomoto. This week Karen Thomas demonstrated her accordian book in a book, basically the book is made using 6 pieces of scrapbook papers 15cm square (6 inches for my US friends); and with a little folding etc you can create this beautiful accordion book. I had lots of fun making mine. As you can see I kept the stamping to a minimum on this one. So far I haven't made the box that was also shown on the same program, I am still deciding whether I will make that or not. If you want to find out how to create this head over to Craft TV Weekly (link above) and look for the webisode called Accordion Book in a Box. If you register you will be notified each week as each new webisode comes out and you can also download instructions for each individual program if you so wish.

Oh one thing to note if you are planning to make this item, in the instructions it explains how to do the hinges which is easy to do, but then it goes on about placing the ribbon on the back - I had already stuck this area down while doing the hinges so had to carefully untape it, next time I will know to put the ribbon in first while doing that particular hinge.

Recipe:
Stamps: Happy Harmony - Stampin' Up
Papers: Patterned - Me & My Big Ideas; Bordering Blue - Stampin' Up; White
Other: Marvy Brush Markers #17 & 96; blue grosgrain ribbon

2 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. This is one of my favorite sets and I love the colors and papers you used. Thanks for the link to the webisode - I'm gonna go check it out.

kathy said...

I made the accordian card just fine but I am struggling with the box. If you do it tell us your trick I just cant seem to comprehend how to do the lid...lol