Thursday, April 8, 2010

Elvis …. The King!

CCEE-Elvis2-wm

Hi Everyone,

It’s challenge time over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Our challenge hostess for April, Joanne Grzelak has another fun challenge for us!

This week's challenge is to make a card/project which includes a silhouette of some sort as the main focal image.

Well the hardest part of this challenge was deciding which Silhouette image I would use, after all I have a few LOL! Then someone posted an Elvis card on their blog which reminded me that I hadn’t played with my Elvis stamps for sometime …. so it was decided!

I used Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge #106 for the layout of my card.

CCEE-Elvis-wm 

Inside my card I used the sentiment “You’re the King”, Kings wear crowns so I decided to use my Martha Stewart Crown punch to create the border.

Don’t forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:

Stamps: Elvis Silhouette; Elvis & You’re The King – Cornish Heritage Farms
Paper: White; Black; Orange; Bright Blue; DP
Other: Black Ink; Black Gems; MS Crown Border Punch; Foam Tape

aa-owl-signature

10 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Love it!!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Totally rockin' card GF!!! Hugs ~S~

Carol L said...

I love that Elvis image, great card!

Silli said...

So cool Frances, love the image and the colors... NICE! Hugs Silke

Joanne (jojot) said...

now...why didn't I think to 'use' Elvic....this is fab, Hootsie....so bold and dramatic...just like the KING himself....

Anonymous said...

Frances, your card is awesome, I have always loved all your Elvis cards, they rock.

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

You ain't nuttin' but a hound dog,
cryin' all da time!

Rock n' Roll, Frances! Love your Elvis card!

Vicki G said...

I'm all shook up by your fabby card!!!! Bless my soul........that's awesome!

Vicki

Betty J Schaub said...

WOW! This card really rocks!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

I know I say this all the time, but you always manage to have the perfect dp for each image you use Hoots!! Love this rockin' card!!