Friday, April 30, 2010

Introducing MFT Die-namics!

MFT-Dienamic-Tree-wm Hi everyone,

The MFTeasers are starting a day early this month as we have something very exciting to introduce to you that MFT Stamps will be releasing this coming Wednesday 5th May.

So what is it you ask???

dienamicslogoSMALL

MFT Stamps is PROUD to introduce Die-namics, it’s own EXCLUSIVE, American made line of steel dies! This month there will be 3 dies that will be releases.

For my card I used the jumbo scallops die to cut thin cork to create the ground underneath my tree. The tree with the owl is the new “Sheltering Tree” stamp set that was released a couple of weeks ago. The cloud designer paper used on the background of my card is a digital paper also available from MFT Stamps, you can find it here.

MFT-Dienamic-Tree-close-wm

Here is a close up of the of my cork jumbo scallops. Cork (set of 6, 6 X 6 sheets of 1/16” thick cork) will be available from MFT Stamps on release day for $2.95.

Here is what I used to cut it:

Machine: Big Shot
Material: Thin Cork
Stack (from top to bottom)
cutting plate
die
card stock
cutting plate
platform (completely closed)

MFT-Waves-wm

I also have a tip to share with you all about this die … don’t just use the scallop portion of the die … look what you can do with the inverted part you normally might throw away … doesn’t it look a little like waves! I haven’t done anything with this yet because I only got my dies a day ago, but expect to see a card with it on my blog in the near future.

As I said earlier there are three dies which are being released on Wednesday 5th May, which include:

CloudsSMALL

MFT Die-namics Clouds (element die) (one die, with three different sized clouds on it)
Small – 1.25” wide and .70” tall
Medium – 1.89” wide and 1.06” tall
Large – 2.51” wide and 1.41” tall

Die-namics-Jumbo-Scallop

MFT Die-namics Jumbo Scallops (Edge die)
6” long, with each scallop measuring 1.5”

Die-namics-Scalloped-ScallopSMALL

MFT Die-namics Scalloped Scallops (Edge die)
6” long, with each scallop measuring 1.5”

If you would like to see what the other Design Team members have created then hop on over to Kim’s (MFT Lady) blog to see the list of which design team members will be featuring a card/project on their blog today. Kim will have the list posted to her blog at 11am EST. Also check out the Die-namic Gallery over on SCS throughout the week for more inspiration.

I will be back tomorrow with another MFTeaser for you all!

Stamps: Sheltering Tree – MFT Stamps
Papers: White; Brown; Olive; Sheltering Tree Digi Papers – MFT Stamps
Other: Black Ink; Olive Ink; Cork; MFT Stamps Jumbo Scallop Die; Olive Grosgrain Ribbon; Button; Key Tag Punch; Oval Punch; Scorpal; Sewing Machine; Foam Tape; Copics

aa-owl-signature

24 comments:

Kim said...

Awesome Frances! Ah yes, waves...clever! And I bet there's a new set that will work just perfectly!

Lisa H. said...

oh, yeah, baby! this card is awesome-LOVE the cork and I always use my scalloped punch for making waves that way-love that I can do the same with the die! so sweet!

Allison Cope said...

OMG... so cute! Love the use of the dies!

Sherrie said...

Now aren't you a smartie pants with those "waves"...love it Frances!

Beate said...

Awesome card, Frances!
Have a great weekend
Hugs and smiles

Beth M said...

Super cute! Love the idea of using the extra pieces for waves! I'll be looking for that sample. :)

Wendi Hayes said...

Great card. Love the idea for the waves.

Chris said...

great, great card. I love that tree and the cork

Cindy Haffner said...

FABULOUS Frances!!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Outrageously sweet. LOVE the cork hills--especially ho you distressed 'em. How Clever! And the waves are brilliant too. Can't wait to try these out!

Jennifer said...

LOVE your card and how you used the cork!!

Megan said...

The waves are so pretty! I can't wait to see what you do with them. Darling owlie card too. ;)

Silli said...

This is very pretty, love the owls...;-)

Michele Boyer said...

This is totally adorable, Frances, and I love your idea about the waves! Brilliant!

Jody Morrow said...

Your card is AWESOME! Love it! I love how you showed the waves, too. SO cool.

Shawne said...

purty, purty! I like your little hills and your tutorial is great!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What a charming card Hoots!! Love your tree with those sweet owls!! And what a fabulous idea for waves!!

Barbara said...

Adorable card, Frances! And you're so right about the inverted part of the scallops! Totally like waves!

Melody said...

Great Card! Love the cork and great colors.

g said...

EEEK!! i LOVE those 'waves'!! Super cute! i love your jumbo cork scallops too- they look awesome. i'm thrilled Kim's going to stock cork for us!!

Jana Weaver said...

Very cool Frances...love that new owl set and your lovely brown hills!

Amy Sheffer said...

Eeeeeeek!!! Love this, Frances! The whole composition is gorgeous, and the cork scallops are a fantastic touch!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Amazing!!! I love it!!

Julie said...

Oooooohhhh I so need this die! I have just the stamp image amongst my stamp collection for those leftover inverted scallops. http://julie-rainbowdays.blogspot.com/2010/04/home-at-last.html x