Monday, April 12, 2010

Alota Rubber Stamps Blog Hop!

alota-girl-pram-wm

Hi everyone and welcome to the Alota Rubber Stamps blog hop.

The hop started at Helene’s Alota Rubber Stamps Blog, so if you didn’t start from there you may want to head over there now so that you can start at the beginning of the hop. You don't want to miss anything and believe me there is lots to see!

Today the Design Team are featuring stamps from our April release, all of which are available to purchase from Alota Rubber Stamps NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

For my first card uses one of the new stamps from the release which is the girl with the pram designed by artist Jodie Mackrell. If you like Jodie's work you can see more of her designs that have been released previously & available from Alota Rubber Stamps here.

This cute stamp is called "Charlene & ?" it is being named after my daughter and soon to be grandson, but they haven't decided on a name for him yet so hence the question mark hehe!

To create my card I first stamped an older image “Mobile Street Houses” onto my card. I masked portions of my card so that I could airbrush the footpath, grass and sky areas. used another. I stamped the girl onto scrap white card, and also some designer paper so I could paper piece the dress. I then cut her out and added her to my card using foam tape.

alota-Hooters-wm

My second card today uses this cute “Hooters” image which is also being released. I don’t think we have those restaurants down here in Australia … well not where I live anyway, so I did some research and discovered the colors they normally where which is what I based my card on.

I used the new Mega Oval Nestabilities to create the layers for my card.

aprilcoupon02

Want to receive 20% discount from your entire Alota Rubber Stamps order …. then enter the code ALOTAJD10 when you place your order between 11th April and 16th April.

Here is the order of the hop in case you get lost along the way.

Well that is about it from me for today, now it is time to hop on over to the brilliant Birgit Edblom's blog and see what awesome creation she has to share with you today.

Enjoy the rest of the hop and thanks for dropping by!

Stamps: Charlene & ?; Mobile Street Houses; Hooters – Alota Rubber Stamps
Paper: White; Brown; Blue; DP – Basic Grey
Other: Black Ink; Foam Tape; Copic Airbrush; Copics

aa-owl-signature

20 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

FABULOUS!!! O.M.G love the first card...soooo darn cute!!! The second made me laugh...totally awesome!!! Hugs ~S~

Anonymous said...

LOVE your cards!!

SusanBluerobot said...

Fantastic cards frances

jjcreations said...

Your cards are fantastic.....the colouring is out of this world.

Unknown said...

Great cards. I loved the 1st one! (Congrats on your new grandbaby too!)
hugs,
Gini

~Jennifer Rose~ said...

FAB projects! I love the "Hooters" girl but the little girl pushing the stroller is just too precious! Thanks for being a hop hostess!

*Hugs, JennRo*
Journeys of a Cricut Lover...

Marie said...

Fabulous cards.... great work!

Margreet said...

you made such great cards with that fab stamps......love your first a lot with al that stamping and colouring!
xxx Margreet

Cheryl Walker said...

Super cute card hun!!! I love the 2nd one tooo, as she is SEXY!!!Wooohooo :) hehehe :)

Hugs,
Cheryl

Emma said...

Two fantastic cards...both gorgeous.
Hugs Emma x

Helene said...

Two great cards! Thanks for everything.

Cathi said...

I know my husband will like at least one of these cards, ha! I think they're both adorable..

crafterGM said...

The first one is so cute love the scene you made with her. and the second card what guy wouldn't like that hot momma serving him. Gloria M.

Iris Wiechmann said...

Fantastic cards! The first one is super cute and the second one is a fabulous men card. Great job!

Hugs,
Iris

Biggan said...

LOvely cards and always well done!!

Hugs

Kathi said...

Hi,
your cards are great, the first one is really sweet and the second one very stylish. :-)
XX Kathi

Lynne in NI said...

Fab cards - I especially love the little scene you created in the first

racinggrandma61 said...

I LO VE both of your cards but the first one is just adorable. Great job.

Joanne (jojot) said...

love the scene you created on the first card......

Tindaloo said...

cool cards! good job on the background on the first card :)