Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Top Shelf - Who’s That Girl? Hop!

MFT-Top-Shelf-wm

Hi everyone and welcome to my blog. It time to join the MFT Stamps Design Team for another MFT "Who's That Girl Hop!" to celebrate the release of the MFT VIP Kit.

The hop started at Kim's (MFT Lady) blog so if you didn’t start from there you may want to head over there now so that you can start at the beginning of the hop. You don't want to miss anything and believe me there is lots to see!

Today only VIP customers have the opportunity of purchasing the WTG set "Top Shelf" TWO WEEKS EARLY!!!!!!!!!! There will only be 50 VIP collections available and then the set will be unavailable until the full release on May 5th at 10:00 PM EST.

Here is what is in this months VIP Kit:

Top Shelf VIP $34.85

Top Shelf stamp set (WTG)
Top Shelf ribbons (7/8” grosgrain in white, black, wisteria, grey, golden yellow)
MFT NEW EXCLUSIVE PRODUCT. This is a “BLIND” addition to the kit. You will be one of the FIRST to receive and use this product! It’ll be a happy surprise!
Top Shelf Sentiments FREE ($9 value)

Also being released today:

Sheltering Tree stamp set $17.95
Sheltering Tree digi paper pack $3.95

MFT-Top-Shelf2-wm

For my first project today, I used the new “WTG Top Shelf”, I love that there are a number of different items to put on the shelves. I used MFT Stamps “My Favorite Paper Packs - Chocolate Kiss” to paper piece the girls dress and the panels on the base of my card. This paper is available as either a 6 x 6 paper pack or as digital paper depending on what you prefer. I also used brown & pink mini braddies which are also available from MFT Stamps.

The sentiment on the inside of my card is from the “Top Shelf Sentiments” which come free with the VIP kit today.

MFT-Impossiblebox-wm

My second project today uses the new “Sheltering Tree” stamp set which is also released today along with the Sheltering Tree Digi Paper. Now I am sure any of you that know me know I love this set cause it has two cute owls hugging each other!

Recently at a stamp club I attend our project for the day was to create a box called the “Impossible Box” ….. so I decided to create one using this stamp set and the Shelter Tree digi paper.

MFT-Impossiblebox2-wm To create the base of the box I printed out the green digi paper from the digi kit at full size. I used my copic airbrush to apply the brown color to the back of the paper …. just on the top 1/3 of the paper so that when my box was closed I had a brown lid rather than white. Of course you could also print two different colors on the paper on either side.

I stamped the tree and the owls on white card, colored and cut them out and attached to my cloud paper panels which printed at a tiny size so I could get tiny clouds. That is the fun thing about digi paper you have control of the size you want the patterns. When I attached my tree I was careful to not apply foam tape to the top of the tree as the brown lid does come down over the cloud paper a little, as you can see in my first pic of this project.

MFT-Impossiblebox4-wm Here is another view of my box, you can see how the box opens at the top.

Well now it is time to say goodbye to me and hop on over to the marvellously talented Megan Lock's blog, to see what she has created.

Enjoy the rest of the hop and thanks for dropping by!

Stamps: WTG Top Shelf; Sheltering Tree – MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Brown; Pink; DP – MFT Stamps (Pink card)
White; Brown; Sheltering Tree digi paper – MFT Stamps (Impossible Box)
Other: Black Ink; Brown Mini Brads; Oval Punches; MS Garden Trellis Border Punch; MS Grass Border Punch; Grosgrain Ribbon; Brown Button; Foam Tape; Copics

aa-owl-signature

16 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Lovin your work Frances, that Owl project is FABULOUS!!

Danni said...

I agree with Cindy! That owl project is awesome!

Kelli Hull said...

OOO Frances, how awesome are these projects????!!!!!! That box... yea, I will leave it as one of the 7 wonders of the world.... I only have just so much patience ya know.... LOL

Anonymous said...

How awesome is that dp girl! Love what you did with the border punch and ribbon too!

Anonymous said...

And who doesn't love the Kisses!!! That little box and project is amazing!

g said...

both of these are oh so awesome! i love the choco kiss card & your box is just incredible!!

Unknown said...

Both of these projects are absolutely amazing!

Thanks for Sharing!!

xoxo
Ola
okj83 at live dot com

Agata said...

Amazing projects! Love the impossible box!

Megan said...

This is darling! That box looks amazing and I love the buttons down WTG dress. Clever!

Julie said...

Wow Frances! These projects are both fantstic! I love the Chocolate Kiss papers and the layout on the first card. I don't even know what to say about the box, it is just amazing! WOW!!!

Christina Fischer said...

WOW!! Fabulous, Frances! I love what you did with WTG's dress, and that box is amazing! :)

Barbara said...

Fabulous, Frances!!! Love those BB buttons on WTG's dress and that box is awesome!

Melody said...

Love your project. Love the details on the dress and that little box is amazing!

Michele Boyer said...

Gorgeous card, Frances! I love the little 'buttons'! And the box....VERY COOL!

Jane Norrish said...

Frances, love what you've done with the box, very cute.

Joanne (jojot) said...

wow...wow....wow.....each one is dazzling