Thursday, April 8, 2010

ConGRADulations …. Let’s Hop & Shop!

MFT-ConGRADulationsduo-wm

It’s release day over on MFT Stamps, which means it is time to join the MFT Stamps Design Team for another "Blog Hop and Shop!".

The hop started at Kim's (MFT Lady) blog so if you didn’t start from there you may want to head over there now so that you can start at the beginning of the hop. You don't want to miss anything and believe me there is lots to see!

Today I am featuring one of the new Pure Innocence sets that are being released today:

  PI – Book in Hand - $9.00

MFT-ConGRADulations-wm 

This little girl holding her book and bag reminds me of school, so when I saw this DP with the ruled lines I thought it would be perfect for my card. I paper pieced the girls skirt and top using paper that was on the reverse side of the designer paper.

The layout of my card is one from a recent Sweet Sunday Sketches challenge.

MFT-ConGRADulations2-wm

Here is the inside of my card, I used the sentiment included in the set and stamped it directly onto the ruled lines designer paper.

MFT-ConGRADbookmark-wm

The book reminded me that you need bookmarks to mark your place, so I decided to also create a bookmark. I used one of the new labels 10 nestabilities to create my layers. I created this to match the card so that they can be given as a set.

MFT-Fred-Graduates-wm

While we are on the subject of congratulating graduates … I thought I would share with you one of our newest lines of stamps, Fred Bear! This is such a fun line of stamps and suitable for everyone! The set I used here is called Fred Bear Graduates - $9.00

MFT-Fred-Graduates2-wm

And let’s not forget the inside of my card, here I used two more of the sentiments included in the set.

Well that is about it from me for today, now it is time to hop on over to the marvellous Michele Boyer’s blog and see what awesome creation she has to share with you today.

Enjoy the rest of the hop and thanks for dropping by! Don't forget to leave comments on all the blogs, you never know who may be giving away blog Candy!!

 

Stamps: PI – Book In Hand; Fred Bear Graduates  – MFT Stamps

Paper: White; Blue; Teal; Brown; Peachy Keen DP – Kaisercraft; DP for top card Unknown

Other: Black Ink; Blue Ink; Circle Nestabilities; Labels 10;Rectangle Nestabilities; Big Scalloped Rectangle Nestabilities;  Blue Grosgrain Ribbon; Teal Buttons; Brown Brads; Scallop Trim Border Punch; Oval Punch; Foam Tape; Copics

aa-owl-signature

52 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

FABULOUS Frances!!

Kim said...

Two fabulous projects!

Dawn said...

So adorable Frances!

Unknown said...

Frances, just look at those sweet outfits! So cute!

Kelli Hull said...

LOVE These Frances, I have Labels 10 and it looks funky to me, but now seeing it in action I LOVE IT!!!!!


THANKS FRANCES!!!!! :)

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Ouuuuu! The colours. I seriously felt my heart beat faster. These are so lovely. The way you paper pieced PI in plaid is incredible & your colouring is so flawless. And you made Fred look so ultra handsome too!

Shannon Fralish said...

Wonderful work! I just love these stamps and your awesome samples. Thanks for sharing...

Melody said...

Cute! Love your colors and the paper piecing.

Karen said...

Great job with the conGRADulate stamp set. It want be long before I will be making cards for the graduates in my life.
I also like that showed the inside of your card.

Anonymous said...

Oh, this PI is ready for school! Who wouldn't be ready with that adorable paper pieced outfit? What a well put together card. It's perfect!

Off I go to hop along! :-)

donna mikasa said...

Love both of your grad cards!

Tammie Koehnen said...

I can't decide which card I LOVE MORE... the PI or Fred the grad bear! Fabulous cards Frances, so many wonderful details in each one!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! These are fantastic cards!
--Tammy

Susan said...

How cute! Love those colors! So pretty! Thanks for sharing!

Sonja "Sony" Christoph said...

Love the color combo Frances and the bookmark you made is soo cute with the paperpieced outfit and the button and the ribbon and...ah it makes me sick it's so cute. lol

Jana Weaver said...

Very cute Frances - love all 3 projects!!

scrappintlc said...

So adorable....LOVE that bear.

Silli said...

Fabulous frances, love the blue papers and the new stamps... Happy day!!! ;-)

Lisa H. said...

sweet PI girlie-love how you did her sweater and Fred is just as cute! nice work!

Barbara said...

Adorable, Frances!! Both of them are so sweet! Love the Nesties for the book mark--great idea!

Anonymous said...

Her outfit is adorable! Love it and that little bookmark, so cute! Fred is pretty cute too!

Country Mouse said...

Frances you did a great job with both of these! I love them!!!

Michele Boyer said...

These are so sweet, Frances! I love the little paper-pieced outfits on the girls! And Fred...SUPER cute! I just love him! Adorable cards!

Leslie Rodriguez said...

Cute set! Your bookmark is soo cute.

Joanne (jojot) said...

wow....how cute

Erica W. said...

WOW! I love these colors you used. I'm really liking Fred Bear too! Thanks so much!

Julie said...

Gorgeous projects Frances! Fred Bear looks fabulous as does our cute little PI!

Christina Fischer said...

Oh my gosh -- so cute!! PI's paper pieced outfit is adorable!

Emily said...

I love the bookmark idea!

Kimberly S. said...

VERY sweet cards!! Love the paper piecing! And the bookmark...such great ideas!

g said...

oh these are so darling & what gorgeous colors! every time you create something i see a new nestie i 'need' LOL! you use them so beautifully!

Crafty Math Chick said...

Pretty color palette - I like the paper piecing too!

Megan said...

Beautiful colors!

Chris said...

love your cards, especially PI. that aqua is such a happy color. And now I think I have to break down and get that label die. Good thing they don't take up much room.

Lorus! said...

All of your projects are beautiful! I love the Pure Innocence school girl, what a sweet image. The bookmark is such a nice gift idea!

Sherrie said...

Love the color palette you used on the PI girl! Great little project Frances!

Amy Sheffer said...

Love these graduation cards, Frances!

Vicki G said...

Both Projects are adorable!

Vicki

Jessie/knightrone said...

They are both fabulous!!

lilscrappers said...

Amazing projects. I envy you ;-)Love that set!

mary said...

Great Cards/ I love the paper on the little girl card. Adorable TFS!
mks

Pam said...

They are to cute for words. Great Job!!!

Sheila D said...

wow....how cute! PI's paper pieced outfit is adorable! What amaizing eye candy here!

Betty J Schaub said...

these are just precious! love the green!

Jeannie said...

I love your blues/greens! The matching bookmark for the card is precious! TFS!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Two equally charming cards Frances, and such a sweet bookmark. You are amazing!!

Vickie Z said...

Frances... you always make perfect cards!! That dp is wonderful...those outfits...and the bookmark...Perfect!!

Gail said...

Great cards :0 I love the colors of the blue and teal together.

Susan said...

adorably lovely!! love how you did her clothes, and the bear is sweet also! thanks for sharing,
Susan

AnnasArt said...

Wonderful work! Love this card.

Allison Cope said...

Awwww... two super cute cards Frances! Love that new Pure Innocence stamp!

Crafty Guam Girl said...

They are both so adorable! Love 'em!!!