Monday, December 6, 2021

Christmas in the City


Hi Crafty Friends,

I have a fun Christmas themed Shaker Card to share with you today.

My card uses the Hourglass range of dies from The Greeting which I purchased recently. I die cut the hourglass frame from white cardstock and adhered it to an A2 card panel (4 1/4 inches x 5 1/2 inches). I then used the smaller of the two hourglass insert dies to die cut the hourglass shape from the centre of the panel. 

I used the dies from the Christmas Time in the City die set to decorate the front of a top folding A2 card, so that the design will be seen through the opening. 

The sentiment at the top of the hourglass is gold foiled using one of the sentiments from Spellbinders Yana's Holiday Sentiments Glimmer Hot Foil Plate/Die set. 

To finish off the front of the card, I added snowflakes in pink and white around the outside of the hourglass.


Here is a view of my card, so you can see the shaker elements inside the shaker card.


For the inside of my cards, I die cut three of the trees included in the Christmas in the City die set. I die cut them from white cardstock and then colored them green using a blender brush and ink pad.

I added a Christmas sentiment using an older MFT stamp set which I stamped using Catherine Pooler It's A Boy ink pad.

Finally I added the pink trim above the sentiment.