Sunday, December 19, 2021

Winter Scene Slimline

 
Hi Crafty Friends,

I have a Christmas themed Slimline card on my blog today using dies and an embossing folder from Divinity Designs November/December release.

To create my card I used the Slimline Card Base to die cut the base of my card from white cardstock. I die cut the Slimline Thin Pierced Frame die from purple cardstock and again from white cardstock. I layered the two together and adhered them to the my slimline card.

I used the white inner panel from the Slimline Thin Pierced Frame die as the base for my winter scene. Using Divinity Designs blending brushes, I blended on Salvaged Patina and Villainous Potion Distress Oxide inks to add the color to the background. I then used the Wood Grain Embossing Folder to add texture to the panel.

I used the dies from the Slimline Tree & Hill Silhouettes die sets to die cut the trees border from green and the other two borders from white cardstock. One of the white borders is the same as the edge of the tree border, so I adhered the white over the green to add the snow to the bottom of the trees. I adhered this tree border to my card.

I then used the Slimline House and Layer Silhouettes die set to die cut the house border from white and the layer from gold cardstock and layered the two together. I adhered this panel to the card a little lower from the trees.

I adhered the remaining snow border along the bottom of my card.

I die cut two additional trees from the Slimline Tree and Hill Silhouettes; three small trees from the Tree & Hill Silhouettes and added those to the scene. The deers are included in the Tree & Hill Silhouettes die set. 

I die cut the fence included in the Slimline House & Layer Silhouettes die set from purple cardstock and added those to the scene.

I blended Salvaged Patina and Villainous Distress Oxide inks to a stripe of cardstock which I used to die cut the banner from the Slimline Merry Christmas Banner & Layer Die set. I adhered this to the layer which I die cut from the purple cardstock. I adhered this to the top of my card.


For the inside of my card, I die cut the tree and coordinating snow border from the Slimline Tree & Hill Silhouettes die set and adhered this along the bottom edge of the card. I added the two deers from the Tree & Hill Silhouettes die set.

I added the "Merry Christmas" sentiment using the Merry Christmas & Layer 2 die set. The top layer was also blended using the same Distress Oxide inks I used for the front.






1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Love how you created the sky on this one