Sunday, December 5, 2021

'Tis the Season

Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing a Christmas snowflake Slimline card I created recently.

To create the Slimline card I used Picket Fence Studios Nested Rectangles and Scallop Framed die sets.

I used the emboss resist technique to add the snowflakes to the background panel. The snowflakes are from Scrapbook.com's Slimline Snowflakes stamp set. After embossing the snowflakes with white embossing powder, I then ink blended on Villainous Potion; Prize Ribbon and Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide inks over the background.

The large snowflakes on the right hand side of the card are die cut using Elizabeth Craft Designs Snowflakes die set. I die cut the snowflakes from white cardstock that had Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the front and then covered the adhesive with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter.

I added a gold foiled sentiment to the centre of the snowflake using Spellbinders Holiday Sentiments 2 Glimmer Set and gold foil.


For the inside of my card, I added another snowflake panel the same as I used on the front of the card, to create a border along the bottom of the card.

I added a Christmas sentiment using Colorado Craft Company's Slimline Poinsettias stamp set.