Saturday, January 9, 2021

I Gnome It's Your Birthday

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. We are excited to be back for another year of fun challenges. Being a brand new month as well as year, it is time to introduce our new challenge hostess, which is Karen Ostergard.

For today, let’s celebrate the New Year by creating a card or project using something new! New technique, new product, new style, etc.


As I was lucky enough to receive a number of new stamps, dies and stamping tools for Christmas I decided to use some of these for my challenge today.

For the card base I used one of the Terrific Tower die sets from Made To Surprise by Sam Calcott. I purchased these way back in September thinking they would take at least 2 months to get to me due to the length of time mail is taking to get down here due to COVID. I was pleasantly surprise when they turned up 2 weeks later, but of course I had to put them away until Christmas. For this card I used the 5" x 7" Portrait Terrific Towers Die set along with the 5 x 7 Portrait Portrait Excellent Edges die set.


I used pink glitter cardstock for the top flowers on the edges and the tiny rectangle layers on the pop-up pieces on the side of the main panel.

For the centre panel I added the gnome from Trinity Stamps Hello There stamp set.


For the sentiment at the top of the centre panel I used two sentiment stamp sets from Honey Bee Stamps ... Gnome Place Like Home and Gear Up stamp sets.

The "It's Your Birthday" sentiment is from MFT Stamps Bitty Birthday Sentiments stamp set.


I decorated the back of the card, so that I had a place to write a hand written sentiment. For the stamp sentiment I used Made To Surprise's Sentiments A5 stamp set.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.







1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

What a fun card and I love that it's such a nice big size!